What's new

DNA200 - Up and coming devices thread

rune

Postman
Hi, so I want a DNA200 device but have not been sure of which one to get so have been looking around and doing some research. Currently stuck on a train going no where so thought I'd take the time to start putting together what I've come across and I'm interested in other people's opinions on the different mods that should be available soon.I'm only posting mods that will be available from UK stores so there are omissions such as the Opus DNA200 which I haven't seen offered over here.

Edit:
Useful link if you have a DNA 200, Temperature Coefficients for different materials can be downloaded as .csv files (select type of wire and choose DNA200 to the left of the graph), which can then be imported into the Escribe software enabling use of metal other than Ni200 for TC. Steam Engine - Wire Wizard

I like to research things before hand so once I have the item I already know what I'm doing, so I was interested to see Evolv have a Interactive Escribe Tutorial and it looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.

All dimensions are L - W - H

Note on release dates, a lot of the mods seem to be shipped in limited numbers so once a batch is sent out they go on Pre-order again. Best bet is to check the seller's site for the most up to date information, as it's getting difficult to keep the thread up to date in this regard.

Vapecige VTBOX200 - £129.99

2015-HOT-SALE-VTbox200-VT-box-200.jpg
VTBox 200

First of the DNA200 mods I saw advertised by a UK vape store, also the cheapest. Also the biggest battery capacity with a 1800mAh 3 Cell LiPo, and as a result one of the biggest coming in at 55 x 32 x 99mm. Early reviews are not encouraging:

Apparently the glued 510 connector will be changed for a press fit one, and I can't see AngelFireMods sending any out until this is the case as they're a good company from the experiences I've had with them.

Released
Warranty:
1 Year.

Hcigar VT200 - £119.99

hcigar_vt200_all.jpeg

VT 200

I've linked to Vape Geek as they were the first store I saw offer this but I have also seen that AngelFireMods and Cloud9 have these on pre-orderNot much more than the VTBOX200, reduction in battery capacity with a 1300mAh 3 cell LiPo and dimensions of 54 x 25 x 85mm. Not much info out there atm but have seen this preview video:

Released but limited stock
Warranty: 1 year
Efusion DNA200 by Lost Vapes - £119.99

10646621_1884315341792589_1136175275961362466_n.jpg

Efusion DNA200

Personally I really like the look of this, especially in purple and it is on my short list. Same price as the VT200 with the same 1300mAh capacity. Dimensions are 60 x 25 x 85mm. Vapegeek also have replacement batteries for this on pre-order and there will be limited edition side panels available for this of alabone, wood, leather etc.
Released but limited stock

Warranty:
6 months

Vaporshark DNA200 - £159.99

210a5dad7fbc45b170b104d78914ffed.jpg

Vaporshark DNA200

This was the device I was wanting to get originally until I saw some of the offerings, although it's still on my short list. I really liked how the RDNA40 was really small and compact compared to the other box mods available when I got one last year, and their DNA200 looks small for a 200W device. I personally like the understated matte black approach, although I can understand why some people view it as boring. Comes in tied for the smallest battery capacity at 900mAh and the dimensions are 48 x 23.9 x 80mm which is tiny considering. It does have fast charging in a 2a plug adapter though to offset this.

Full Review:

Released

Warranty:
4 Months

Volcano Lavabox DNA 200 - Grey Haze as a special introductory online offer of £119.99

11836776_1159043910776098_1479511116269672545_n.jpg

Lavabox

Another that I really like the look of, like the Vaporshark it has a 900mAh battery, and also has fast charging. It comes in at 46.19 x 26.15 x 94.87mm. There will be replaceable red, blue and white panels separately.

Edit: Just bought one of these and love it. The size is similar to my SX Mini and feels very good to hold, it is considerably lighter and really does feel like a quality mod. One thing of note is that some places (and YouTube reviewers) are advertising these as having fast charging, similar to the Zip charging on the Vaporshark. I've tried the supplied charger and other 2a chargers and the device reads the USB current as 1a so is will not charge any quicker than the other DNA200 mods (The Vaporshark being the exception).

Also the supplied charger is an American 2 pin style so you'll need a plug adaptor if you want to use it.

Release:
Released

Warranty:
90 days.

Boxer Mod - 200W LiPo £159.99/ 133W Dual 18650 £179.99

Boxer_DNA133_Proto_White-510x600.jpg

Boxer Mode 200W LiPo
Boxer Mod 133W Dual 18650

3D printed, can get it with a 1000mAh LiPo for the full 200W or dual 18650 batteries for a 133W limit. Dimensions - 50.8 x 38.1 x 84.7mm.

Release:
Available to order.

Warranty:
90 Days

Cloudmaker Whiteout DNA200 - £155

cloudmaker-technologies-whiteout-dna-evolv-dna200.jpg

Whiteout DNA200

A mod that can be changed and looks like it is as easy to customise as putting lego together. Highly interesting and the amount of configuration options that are will be possible is immense. First one I've seen that comes with a 3 LiPo battery but will have the option to replace for dual 18650s as well. Current capacity is 1100mAh (although they're working on a 1300mAh upgrade). Dimensions - are 63mm x 27.4mm x 107.9, so this looks to be one of the biggest of the mods.

Tear down demo:

Release: EDIT - Currently looking like this will be shipped at the end of October for batch 1.

Warranty - EDIT: I messaged Vapour Depot on FB to ask about warranty and they said they will be supplying a full 12 months warranty and refund for the first 30 days of purchase if you're not happy with it. All repairs will be done by them as they are an authorised repair centre.

EDIT: Made my decision, preordered the Whiteout DNA, can't wait to get it :) Edit 2: Also got the Lavabox whilst getting impatient for the Whiteout. Velocity mini with dual Ni200 claptons coming in at 0.04Ohms. Flavour and vapour are amazing and no dry hits at all. Definitely living up to the hype for me so far and much better at Temp Control compared to the DNA40.

As far as I am aware all the information is correct, if I have made any factual errors please let me know so I can correct them. Has anyone seen any other mods pre-order over here that I haven't listed?

Last edited:
Is there any info on voltage limit as it would be interesting to try and figure out battery life of these things as 900mAh seems mighty tiny!!!

Is there any info on voltage limit as it would be interesting to try and figure out battery life of these things as 900mAh seems mighty tiny!!!

Not sure on that score as it's not my area of expertise. Hopefully someone with good knowledge in the area can chime in to answer this. The spec sheet for the chip can be found here: http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

One thing to remember is the mAh rating is for one cell, so it works out to 3 x 900 mAh or 2700.

Ah fair enough. Wasn't aware that was cell capacity. Thought it was overall.

900mah is tiny compared to the capacity of the 3.7v batteries we are used to seeing quoted for vaping batteries, but it is a 3 cell lipo, each cell is 3.7 volts so the battery is actually 900mah at 11.1V, giving a 9.99Watthour rating (VxA=W)

to put that in perspective, a 2000mah battery at 3.7v gives 7.4Wh, so the lipo in the vapourshark is roughly equivalent to a larger capacity 18650 battery (2700mah to be exact as rune already said)

hope this helps :)

Must admit to a hankering for a DNA200 as well. Saw this one recently:

Protovapor XPV DNA-200D

• Evolv DNA-200D 200-watt advanced regulated chipset with temperature protection.
  • eScribe compatibility allows firmware upgrades, unparallelled configurability, and an incredible level of insight into the performance of the device.
  • Anodized aluminum casing for durability, reliability and solid feel.
  • Machined faceplate-style board mount. Secured with screws for durability. Includes clear protective screen window.
  • Ergonomic up/down rocker for board adjustments.
  • Dimensions (casing): 100mm x 40mm x 24mm
  • Internal battery: Fullymax 11.1v 3S 900mah (9.99 Wh nominal) lithium-polymer. Balance tap connector and main power connector included; battery can be changed without soldering.
  • Onboard Evolv micro-USB balance charger with integrated battery management.
  • Spring-loaded 510 connector (sealed). Stainless body, brass pin. Low-profile (15.5mm x 1mm) or full size (22mm x 2mm) flange options. Other options are planned.
  • Pocket clip. A Protovapor specialty feature that keeps the mod at the top of the pocket for quick access. The clip is secured by screws and can be removed. Available in black or polished/silver. (Note: Selecting “No” means no drilling for the clip at all)
  • Delrin top and bottom plates (optional). Generally more durable than the normal covers, but slightly thicker. Delrin also insulates the mod better from hot atomizers.

XPV mods are covered by a 1 year parts and workmanship warranty. Batteries are warrantied for DOA only.

2015-08-30-03.38.20.jpg

$10 off at the minute for $184.95 - not sure what postage would be like though.

Too many choices!

Last edited:
Must admit to a hankering for a DNA200 as well. Saw this one recently:

Protovapor XPV DNA-200D

• Evolv DNA-200D 200-watt advanced regulated chipset with temperature protection.
  • eScribe compatibility allows firmware upgrades, unparallelled configurability, and an incredible level of insight into the performance of the device.
  • Anodized aluminum casing for durability, reliability and solid feel.
  • Machined faceplate-style board mount. Secured with screws for durability. Includes clear protective screen window.
  • Ergonomic up/down rocker for board adjustments.
  • Dimensions (casing): 100mm x 40mm x 24mm
  • Internal battery: Fullymax 11.1v 3S 900mah (9.99 Wh nominal) lithium-polymer. Balance tap connector and main power connector included; battery can be changed without soldering.
  • Onboard Evolv micro-USB balance charger with integrated battery management.
  • Spring-loaded 510 connector (sealed). Stainless body, brass pin. Low-profile (15.5mm x 1mm) or full size (22mm x 2mm) flange options. Other options are planned.
  • Pocket clip. A Protovapor specialty feature that keeps the mod at the top of the pocket for quick access. The clip is secured by screws and can be removed. Available in black or polished/silver. (Note: Selecting “No” means no drilling for the clip at all)
  • Delrin top and bottom plates (optional). Generally more durable than the normal covers, but slightly thicker. Delrin also insulates the mod better from hot atomizers.

XPV mods are covered by a 1 year parts and workmanship warranty. Batteries are warrantied for DOA only.

2015-08-30-03.38.20.jpg

$10 off at the minute for $184.95 - not sure what postage would be like though.

Too many choices!

I like that, red and black would be very cool :)

Spot on with too many choices, that's now 5 that I want lol.

900mah is tiny compared to the capacity of the 3.7v batteries we are used to seeing quoted for vaping batteries, but it is a 3 cell lipo, each cell is 3.7 volts so the battery is actually 900mah at 11.1V, giving a 9.99Watthour rating (VxA=W)

to put that in perspective, a 2000mah battery at 3.7v gives 7.4Wh, so the lipo in the vapourshark is roughly equivalent to a larger capacity 18650 battery (2700mah to be exact as rune already said)

hope this helps :)

That's helps a lot. Thanks.

They're breeding like rabbits! Found another:

Vaporlips Custom Box Mods

You can choose the button, 510, powder coat colour and battery. Need to fill it all in to get a quote though...

Back
Top Bottom