What's new

DNA/Escribe - manual coil read?

bidley

Postman
Bit of a rubbish title, so let me explain.

Every so often, I won't wait long enough to let a new build cool down before sticking it on my mod. This means the coil will read slightly higher on the mod than the resistance actually is.

The problem I have, is that no amount of unscrewing and replacing the tank onto the (DNA 250/167) mod will get the thing to re-read the resistance.

Is there any way, via Escribe or other means, to manually re-read the coil? (yes I've tried unlocking the resistance :) )

Bit of a rubbish title, so let me explain.

Every so often, I won't wait long enough to let a new build cool down before sticking it on my mod. This means the coil will read slightly higher on the mod than the resistance actually is.

The problem I have, is that no amount of unscrewing and replacing the tank onto the (DNA 250/167) mod will get the thing to re-read the resistance.

Is there any way, via Escribe or other means, to manually re-read the coil? (yes I've tried unlocking the resistance :) )
Unlock the resistance, then change profile on the mod, this will reset the resistance to zero, switch back again and it should fire and re read. Failing that simply uncrew the atty, press the fire button so it shows check atomiser then reattach the atty and fire - it will re read the resistance. As a point of interest the new DNA75C's have a manual resistance read built in...
Capture.PNG

I do all that, and it never works. The only thing that will work is to switch to a new profile, and set the resistance in the new profile. Switching back to the old profile just brings up the old (incorrect) resistance. But I kind of want to use the profile I was using in the first place...

You'd think with the amount of stuff you can do in Escribe, you can just do it there? In the monitor screen it reads the resistance.

Maybe I'm just a moron. Entirely possible.

I find that my dna's won't always read small resistance changes either... my solution is to have an old tank/dripper with a significantly different resistance which I use as a "reset" coil.
I tend to build in the 0.4 to 0.5 range and I have an old tank with a 0.6 coil in it just for this purpose.
DNA devices aren't the only culprits so this is a handy trick if your mod stubbornly refuses to acknowledge you've swapped tanks which you know are different by say 0.1 to 0.2 ohms.

I think you can adjust the % change in resistance it needs to register as a different atty, if @Tubbyengineer 's methods (which seem to work for me) don't do the trick. This is from memory, so I may be wrong, but I think in the mod tab in Escribe there's a bit that has it set as a default of 25% or something. Change it to lower and it will pick up a smaller variance I think. Have a look on the Evolv forums. There's some amazing stuff on there. Proper science and everything.

Last edited:
Check your firmware is up to date too. I know it's bleedin' obvious, but I can rarely be arsed plugging my devices into a 'puter very often and they're always in need of some sort of attention when I finally do. That's what's going to be cool with the new series of boards coming. An awful lot of the functionality found in Escribe will be available on the chipset itself. No more plugging in if you don't really need to. Lazy bastards rejoice lol! And then there's the theme designer. That'll be feckin sweet lol!

Back
Top Bottom