POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

DNA 250c Temp settings Question

Discussion in 'Temperature Controlled Vaping' started by LordOdin, Sep 28, 2020.

1. LordOdin

LordOdin Achiever

Hi, i have the Lost Vape Centaurus and am wanting to use my Profile RDTA and try some TC, I usually vape at 30-35 watts, I will be using 2 Framed Staple Claptons which are SS 316L, I have no idea what Temperature to set for said build. Any advice appreciated. First timer using TC. Thanks.

2. Vape Club
  3. Simon G

Simon G Legend

Set it to 60w or 70w, start low and turn the temp up until it gets where you want it ... Framed Staple Claptons sound like pretty complicated wires to be using TC on though, it might not work very well, if at all, because much of the wrap won't be part of the overall resistance reading and it needs that resistance reading and change in it to operate properly.

Try it though...

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. LordOdin

LordOdin Achiever

I have some SS 316L wire, i could just put a couple of coils made with that so not a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We Vape
  6. nwhornet

nwhornet Legend

Ideall you want around 0.3+ resistance for SS to work consistently. For Dual coils you want to aim for 0.6-7ohm each coil. As @Simon G said set wattage higher than you would for non TC & start around 180c/350f & increase until you get the vape you want. Don't go too tight with the cotton, you need the wicking to keep up to keep temp consistent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  7. John R

John R Veteran

Make sure the coil wraps are spaced :)

• Thank Thank x 1
  8. Spaced

Spaced Postman

I am Spaced :happy guys: