What's new

Crazy Wire Company - NiFe48, 52 & 70

12 wraps @2.5 is about 12cm. So, 8 x 0.7 gived about 5.6ohms/m

That's about the same as 29awg..... Does your wire look like 0.4mm?
How does it vape with the right tcr? Anywhere near?

I'd say it looks about the right thickness @allen and it vapes OK but left me with bit of sore throat so built an SS one in my other Tsunami. I'm using the tcr file from Steam Engine so not sure what you mean about the right tcr and as never had this wire before not sure how it should be. I've also got some 0.3 so will try a build with that

I'd say it looks about the right thickness @allen and it vapes OK but left me with bit of sore throat so built an SS one in my other Tsunami. I'm using the tcr file from Steam Engine so not sure what you mean about the right tcr and as never had this wire before not sure how it should be. I've also got some 0.3 so will try a build with that
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/116290/
Post #36 contains correct TCRs and a zip containing csv files for escribe from those TCrs if they help

@paulbee The 48 I've got has been good. My only issue was with the first spool of 52 i got; that was their first batch (when they only sold one thickness)

Right I'm not sure if it is me, probably!

Got some NiFe 48 0.4mm so around 26AWG and made 2.5mm 12 wraps, 0.7 Ohms on my DNA but according to Steam Engine it should be 22 wraps to get 0.7 Ohm. Something isn't right, any ideas please?

How did you do that calculation when there is no Crazy Wire Co NiFe48 on Steam Engine?

12 wraps at 2.5 mm ID + legs comes out at 130 mm, which, based on the resistivity of 4.13 Ohm/m on the Crazy wire website, should be 0.54 Ohm. Still, a value of 0.65-0.7 Ohm is quite a way out.

Are you 100% sure your ID is 2.5 mm, because 12 wraps at 3 mm ID (157 mm) would be bang on 0.65 Ohm?

Have you tried vaping it with TCR set to 310?

Thanks @danb, I used the NiFe52 as a guide on steam engine, thought I'd read that was the closest?

Sure it was 2.5mm. Just done at 6/7 wrap dual 3mm on SApor and that is coming out at 0.22 on the 75 and 0.23 on the 200, does that sound about right?

Haven't tried vaping with TCR but have just updated to the CSV @allen mentioned at post #36 https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/116290/

Vape seems smoother at similar temps (350-400) on the Sapor but not sure if that is the airflow! Shall have to have another experiment with the Tsunami!

Thanks @danb, I used the NiFe52 as a guide on steam engine, thought I'd read that was the closest?

Sure it was 2.5mm. Just done at 6/7 wrap dual 3mm on SApor and that is coming out at 0.22 on the 75 and 0.23 on the 200, does that sound about right?

Nifethal52 on Steam Engine is the same as Zivipf NiFe48, but it's not the same as Crazy Wire Co NiFe48 (I will call it CWC NiFe48).

6/7 wraps of 0.4 mm (plus legs) at 2.5 mm ID is 72.5 mm (Steam Engine), which using the CWC NiFe48 advertised resistivity (4.13 Ohm/m) would be 0.30 Ohm for a single coil, and 0.15 Ohm for duals. So it is still out by 50%, which is broadly consistent with what you had before (and not consistent with the advertised resistivity).

@paulbee

If it's any help, here's how you can input the wire details on steam engine to work out what you should be getting (click thumbnail for bigger version)

CWC_26AWG.jpg

Thanks again @danb although this one was 3mm dual coil.

So does it sound like they've sent me the wrong wire or is their advertised resistivity that's won't do you think?

Back
Top Bottom