Vape Superstore
What's new

Crazy Wire Company - NiFe48, 52 & 70

rune

Postman
I noticed on the Crazy wire company page they have NiFe48, NiFe52 and NiFe70, am I right in assuming that's the same as Nifethal52 and 70? I've seen NiFe48 referred to as Nifethal52 so I'm a bit puzzled by them selling NiFe52 as well.

Anyone tried any of these and if so are they any good for TC vaping?

Vape Club
are they any good for TC vaping?

None have both TCR and resistivity listed in the product information, so it's impossible to tell how good they will be (and impossible to set up your mod to run them properly). Absolutely useless product listings.

It's all a bit confusing, because the XX in NiFeXX usually refers to the Fe content, but it seems Crazy Wire are breaking the convention - those crazy bastards.

Stealthvape NiFe30: 30% Fe
Dicodes NiFe30 (resistherm): 30% Fe
Zivipf NiFe30: 30% Fe
Zivipf NiFe48: 48% Fe
Nifethal52: 52% Ni (i.e. 48% Fe)
Crazy Wire NiFe52: 52% Ni (i.e. 48% Fe) listed on website product description
Crazy Wire NiFe48: Not specified
Crazy Wire NiFe70: Not specified, presumably it's what everyone else calls NiFe30 (70% Ni)

Even though it looks like, based on composition, that Crazy Wire NiFe52 is the same as Nifethal52 (or Zivipf NiFe48), you can't assume the properties will be the same. Dicodes and Stealthvape NiFe30 are totally different, for example - the differences are presumably a result of different manufacturing processes or other trace metals in the alloy. Zivipf NiFe48 is advertised with the same resistivity and TCR as Nifethal52.

Last edited:
None have both TCR and resistivity listed in the product information, so it's impossible to tell how good they will be (and impossible to set up your mod to run them properly). Absolutely useless product listings.

It's all a bit confusing, because the XX in NiFeXX usually refers to the Fe content, but it seems Crazy Wire are breaking the convention - those crazy bastards.

Stealthvape NiFe30: 30% Fe
Dicodes NiFe30 (resistherm): 30% Fe
Zivipf NiFe30: 30% Fe
Zivipf NiFe48: 48% Fe
Nifethal52: 52% Ni (i.e. 48% Fe)
Crazy Wire NiFe52: 52% Ni (i.e. 48% Fe) listed on website product description
Crazy Wire NiFe48: Not specified
Crazy Wire NiFe70: Not specified, presumably it's what everyone else calls NiFe30 (70% Ni)

Even though it looks like, based on composition, that Crazy Wire NiFe52 is the same as Nifethal52 (or Zivipf NiFe48), you can't assume the properties will be the same. Dicodes and Stealthvape NiFe30 are totally different, for example - the differences are presumably a result of different manufacturing processes or other trace metals in the alloy. Zivipf NiFe48 is advertised with the same resistivity and TCR as Nifethal52.

Thanks, so best to stay clear without further information. I might drop them an email and ask them for more details.

AcmeFog
Thanks, so best to stay clear without further information. I might drop them an email and ask them for more details.

Yeah, I agree, I have enough wire around that I'm not particularly bothered about contacting them. The last time I wrote to them I never got a reply. Let us know if you get any info though.

Yeah, I agree, I have enough wire around that I'm not particularly bothered about contacting them. The last time I wrote to them I never got a reply. Let us know if you get any info though.

Will do. I've yet to try it and it would be good if I can get it easily from a vendor in the UK

Premier Ecigs
Received a replay to my email query asking for more information on their wire:

"Good afternoon,

They are going to be launched for pre-order for the site tomorrow.

More info is going to go against these listings when the listings are live.

Many thanks"

So hopefully all will be revealed on their site tomorrow.

Received a replay to my email query asking for more information on their wire:

"Good afternoon,

They are going to be launched for pre-order for the site tomorrow.

More info is going to go against these listings when the listings are live.

Many thanks"

So hopefully all will be revealed on their site tomorrow.

They're up!

Here's a run down of relative accuracy calculations, TCR in parentheses:

Ni200 = 1 (620)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe48 = 2.75 (340)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe52 = 2.48 (310)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe70 = 1.71 (500)
Zivipf NiFe48 = 2.49 (400)
Stealthvape NiFe30 = 1.78 (500)
Titanium = 2.75 (360)
SS = 1-1.4 depending on type (88-138 depending on type)

So, Crazy Wire Co Nife48 and NiFe52 look nice, similar to Zivipf NiFe48 and Titanium in terms of TC precision. They look like really good options, and you don't have to ship them in from Germany.

Crazy Wire Co NiFe70 looks very similar to Stealthvape NiFe30.

Last edited:
Vape Green
They're up!

Here's a run down of relative accuracy calculations, TCR in parentheses:

Ni200 = 1 (620)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe48 = 2.75 (340)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe52 = 2.48 (310)
Crazy Wire Co NiFe70 = 1.71 (500)
Zivipf NiFe48 = 2.49 (400)
Stealthvape NiFe30 = 1.78 (500)
Titanium = 2.75 (360)
SS = 1-1.4 depending on type (88-138 depending on type)

So, Crazy Wire Co Nife48 and NiFe52 look nice, similar to Zivipf NiFe48 and Titanium in terms of TC precision. They look like really good options, and you don't have to ship them in from Germany.

Crazy Wire Co NiFe70 looks very similar to Stealthvape NiFe30.

For a Luddite like myself how would that translate to setting TCRs in Escribe for a DNA200?

Edit: So would it be a case of setting a singular TCR value of 00340 for NiFe48 etc?

For a Luddite like myself how would that translate to setting TCRs in Escribe for a DNA200?

Edit: So would it be a case of setting a singular TCR value of 00340 for NiFe48 etc?

Yeah, so:

1. On the Materials tab, click "Create New" - the + icon under the available materials list
2. Click "Actions" at the bottom left of the graph, and select "temperature coefficient of resistance (approximation)"
3. Enter TCR in units of /K - for Crazy wire NiFe48, this is 0.0034
4. Rename the wire and you're done

E-liquids.com
I replied to their email asking if they had any plans to make TCR curve csv files available for their wire, and they said they plan to on the next site update :)

Back
Top Bottom