What's new

Coiling with SS

Trungo

Achiever
Am gonna give making my own coils using stainless steel a go but there seems to be lots of different types out there. Stealthvape doesn't do stainless yet, so.....

Is there much difference between them and what would be the best one to start with and what gauge?

Thanks

I use 316l, it all depends on what can of build you are going for and what final ressistance you want.
Remember that SS has less resistance cthen Kanthal.
I prefer 26 and 28awg.

Start with 316L @Trungo (316 is harder), 317L runs lower resistance. You'll have options like Anarchist and Gplat but they all share the benefits of an apparent cleaner taste, longer coil life, better ramp-up and down times like most 316L/317L wire. I went with The Crazy Wire Company for cheap 316L.

Generally 24/25g SS is nice on a tube, while 22/20g is too harsh for me. Regulated I'd go 25/26g and possibly 28g on a tanker - wrap away!

Claptonised, I have no idear.

Cheers guys, thanks for the help.

Will grab some 26 and 28 awg 316L from the crazy wire company for now to give me a few options.

As ss wire is used to make ss mesh would I be correct in saying that it's ok to dry burn coils like you would with Kanthal?
Or have all us gennie users been getting it wrong all these years by torching our mesh wicks?

My ss finally arrived yesterday. Nice and easy to work with. Now to work out if micro coils or spaced are the way to go.

Anyone got a suggestion as to which ss tc mod to go for? I was thinking the cuboid.

My ss finally arrived yesterday. Nice and easy to work with. Now to work out if micro coils or spaced are the way to go.

Anyone got a suggestion as to which ss tc mod to go for? I was thinking the cuboid.

Spaced 100% works better with TC for sure.

I recently got ss 316 and have been running it on the cuboid in the standard ss316 mode, been fantastic, all my rtas are now coiled with it and can literally vape the tank dry without any burned hits the vapour just decreases of course.

Best TC wire for me and the Nife30s been relegated.

So yeah in my experience the cuboids top notch with 316.

Got my cuboid in the post today. Threw a couple of ss316L spaced coils onto my mutation x mt. Works great, well chuffed.

Attachments

• 1455382756654.jpg
    1455382756654.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 266
Back
Top Bottom