What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Burnt coil???

benfish

Initiate
Just ran this coil & wick for the day, used 4ml of Juice.

Running at 250c - 270c with Nife30, 7 wraps at 3mm.

It seems very burnt for only a short time of running? Is this Normal?

I'm using Congo Cream by Twelve Monkies.

What can I do to avoid this or what should I have done differently?

Dose my wick look correct as flavor did taste good and seemed to be getting plenty of juice.

Pics of coil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 857
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 4,550
250 - 270 is pretty hot, If it's a sweet juice then getting a lot of black gunk on the coil would be reasonable...

250 - 270 is pretty hot, If it's a sweet juice then getting a lot of black gunk on the coil would be reasonable...

At lower temps the flavour isn't that strong! Is the gunk normal? How long will a wick & cow last at that rate?

Depending on what juice I'm using mine can look far worse after 4 or 5 ml and only at 210 C !

Not sure what attie that is so difficult to comment on the wick.

Its a Kayfun V5, how often do you change wick? Dose the wick look good for the atty?

That looks like a Kayfun 5, it seems like quite a lot of wick & I'm a little concerned about that coil - it seems to be smaller diameter in the centre - that could be strangling the wick, if it is smaller in the middle that will also cause hotspots, which would also explain the pattern of darkening...

Its a Kayfun V5, how often do you change wick? Dose the wick look good for the atty?

Well bend me over and call me Doris, I didn't recognise it was a KF5 and use 2 all the time.

As has been said by Tubbyengineer, also looks like too much wick to me and if the coil is narrower in the middle could be choking juice flow and causing the build up.

Mine can still look worse after 4 or 5 mls of Manabush or Beard though but not always.

That looks like a Kayfun 5, it seems like quite a lot of wick & I'm a little concerned about that coil - it seems to be smaller diameter in the centre - that could be strangling the wick, if it is smaller in the middle that will also cause hotspots, which would also explain the pattern of darkening...

Well bend me over and call me Doris, I didn't recognise it was a KF5 and use 2 all the time.

As has been said by Tubbyengineer, also looks like too much wick to me and if the coil is narrower in the middle could be choking juice flow and causing the build up.

Mine can still look worse after 4 or 5 mls of Manabush or Beard though but not always.

So what dose a coil look like wicked correctly? and what coil at what OHM's would you reckon aim towards? Iv got Nife30 & SS to work with.

Back
Top Bottom