What's new

Assistance please

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Right.

I was there at the beginning of TC and declared it complete tosh. I could NEVER get it to work properly, it took up stacks of time and I preferred the simplicity of coiling Kanthal and just vaping.

But I'm veering over. I have a simple 316 spaced Clapton in a dripper and a flat spaced 316 coil in the Rose - they're going great guns.

The problem is this: I bought a wheel of funky-style 316 coils. To date I've not got one to work properly. I currently have a "Juggernaut" in the squonk dripper. I pulled the coils apart after fitting. The mod is set up in 316 TC mode 80W/480F - yet I can vape to a dry hit even while the wick is wet. It's been the same with every one of the coils from the wheel I've tried.

Do complex coils not work for TC or am I being dimmer than usual?

I mean to say, just look at the state of it - it was brand new in a couple of hours ago. This isn't right, it shouldn't be that black.

Attachment-1.jpeg

Tell you what, I think I've answered my own question looking at that picture.

Despite pulling the coils apart, they appear to have closed the gaps back up again.

Dumbarse TC vaping. >:/

.... it's because different elements of the coil are hotter/colder ..... in my experience anyway...

As @Simon G says simpler the better. Also in my experience SS doesn't work well sub 0.3ohm due to the small resistance changes. Far better results with NiFe30 for me. Not tried Ti or Ni200 yet. If you're on a DNA device there's a profile Rob at Stealthvape put up in his vendor thread. Think the TCR is there as well so could try inputting that into a non DNA mod.

As @Simon G says simpler the better. Also in my experience SS doesn't work well sub 0.3ohm due to the small resistance changes. Far better results with NiFe30 for me. Not tried Ti or Ni200 yet. If you're on a DNA device there's a profile Rob at Stealthvape put up in his vendor thread. Think the TCR is there as well so could try inputting that into a non DNA mod.

The dual coil dripper ohms out at 0.11Ω on the DNA250, and is working really well. It's the thing that convinced me to give TC another bash.

Bugger. This means I'm going to have go read stuff. Real men don't read instructions. There again, real men don't ask for help or wear fancy trousers so I guess I need to reconsider my masculinity.

And I absolutely hated NiFe30 and Ni200 when I gave them a go.

I won't touch Ti with a bargepole. Fucknuggets like me shouldn't have access to it.

Like I said my experience with SS has been sketchy at best. May just be me. One thing I do find is non DNA devices vary greatly with how well they handle TC. Only dabbled with it on the Rage as have a Drone for TC. It wasn't bad but it wasn't in DNA territory.

Back
Top Bottom