What's new

Aspire Triton RTA TC Build anyone?

atomised

Postman
Has anyone built a really successful, reliable, temperature protected (nickel or otherwise) coil for the Triton RTA?

I've tried .35 and .28mm NI200 (annealed and tempered). The necessarily long leg to the 510 centre pin overheats, sags and shorts out.

My thoughts are to try titanium or wrapping the 510 leg or twisting skinny kanthal into the nickel but I'm really thinking this RTA is just not suitable for TC. (Aspire don't market it as such anyway.)

It's time consuming and fiddly fettling this RTA so any detailed info (eg. wire type, coil gauge and ID) would be appreciated.

Nope sorry don't have one. Although did check out some reviews and it doesn't look great overall. Triton in my opinion is not the greatest product that Aspire have released, quite disappointing. Its also so daft how they are asking folk to pay extra and buy the RTA part separate when considering if you for the Kanger sub-ohm tank then its included.

Nope sorry don't have one. Although did check out some reviews and it doesn't look great overall. Triton in my opinion is not the greatest product that Aspire have released, quite disappointing. Its also so daft how they are asking folk to pay extra and buy the RTA part separate when considering if you for the Kanger sub-ohm tank then its included.

B&M's aren't necessarily keen on RTA's being included in an atomiser kit. It potentially means a lot of explanation at point of sale and hand holding newbies after sale.

Anyway, the top filling is a winner; even easier than a KF4. But that's about it. The RTA is a non-starter (TC or not). I got somewhere with twisted kanthal/nickel but it's such a faff fettling the coil that I gave up. To avoid fettling you must use a spaced coil which is not the best for low wattage mouth to lung. My sample had a manufacturing fault meaning I couldn't tighten the coil leg properly without a bodge. The vape with the 1.8 stock coil was OK for vapour but not in the Kay/Taifun league for flavour. I didn't bother with the stock 0.5 as I'm not a cloud chaser and I was way too disappointed anyway. Such a shame, I had high hopes for the Triton.

Has anyone built a really successful, reliable, temperature protected (nickel or otherwise) coil for the Triton RTA?

I've tried .35 and .28mm NI200 (annealed and tempered). The necessarily long leg to the 510 centre pin overheats, sags and shorts out.

My thoughts are to try titanium or wrapping the 510 leg or twisting skinny kanthal into the nickel but I'm really thinking this RTA is just not suitable for TC. (Aspire don't market it as such anyway.)

It's time consuming and fiddly fettling this RTA so any detailed info (eg. wire type, coil gauge and ID) would be appreciated.

I don't have one .... yet .....but have you tried popping a twisted NI build in it

I managed to get a Ti build in there last night. Seems to work OK but I am concerned about the length of that leg through the 510 heating up.
I did 5 wraps of 24awg ti over 2.5mm to get 0.08 ohms.

It's a bit of a faff getting the thing wicked and together and the vape just wasn't as good as with the stock non-TC coils.

I might have too much cotton in there though. I'll try another build when I get some time.

I don't have one .... yet .....but have you tried popping a twisted NI build in it

No, just twisted kanthal/Ni, I've given up on it now as I was wasting too much time on it.

I managed to get a Ti build in there last night. Seems to work OK but I am concerned about the length of that leg through the 510 heating up.
I did 5 wraps of 24awg ti over 2.5mm to get 0.08 ohms.

It's a bit of a faff getting the thing wicked and together and the vape just wasn't as good as with the stock non-TC coils.

I might have too much cotton in there though. I'll try another build when I get some time.

Thanks for that, yeah, that leg is a bummer. I thought maybe, perhaps, the horizontal coil in the RTA might improve the flavour over the vertical stock coils so I'm interested to hear that it doesn't; I didn't think the stock coils were all that brilliant to start with.

Back
Top Bottom