What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire Archon.... surprised!

ej2_sir

Postman
Ive wanted to master TC for a while but have just never really got on with it. Over the last year ive amassed various TC devices including Sig 75, Ipv D2, Cuboid, Pico, VT75 Nano and more but none ever felt right. This could be my builds/wicking etc but i kinda gave up. Roll on today, recieved Aspire Archon as i just wanted a cheap 150w mod for battery life and 60 ish watt builds. Anyways thought id try a cheeky 316l ss build on a merlin. 24g 7 spaced wraps 3mm 450f 39w. Wow! everything i hoped for on a budget device! Sorry for tbe long post, just really chuffed. Recomend the Archon as a budget mod... Menus a little wierd if your used to Evolve etc. It does a funky wattage preheat/limiting thing too. Not had it long enough to give a balanced review but so far so good

Ive wanted to master TC for a while but have just never really got on with it. Over the last year ive amassed various TC devices including Sig 75, Ipv D2, Cuboid, Pico, VT75 Nano and more but none ever felt right. This could be my builds/wicking etc but i kinda gave up. Roll on today, recieved Aspire Archon as i just wanted a cheap 150w mod for battery life and 60 ish watt builds. Anyways thought id try a cheeky 316l ss build on a merlin. 24g 7 spaced wraps 3mm 450f 39w. Wow! everything i hoped for on a budget device! Sorry for tbe long post, just really chuffed. Recomend the Archon as a budget mod... Menus a little wierd if your used to Evolve etc. It does a funky wattage preheat/limiting thing too. Not had it long enough to give a balanced review but so far so good

Have you tried your Merlin with current build on your DNA or Cuboid?? See how it vapes on them now :).

Have you tried your Merlin with current build on your DNA or Cuboid?? See how it vapes on them now :).
Dont ruin my excitement at a new toy!!!! popped it on cuboid and it worked well..... im plucking up the courage to put it on the Dna and apologise for everything i said about it!

Dont ruin my excitement at a new toy!!!! popped it on cuboid and it worked well..... im plucking up the courage to put it on the Dna and apologise for everything i said about it!

Lol, apologies, didn't mean to impugn or belittle your new mod lol :D.

If it worked well on the Cuboid hopefully it'll work even better on the VT Nano :).

If it does, remember everything you did for this particular build and apply it to all future TC builds and you should be golden :). You obviously got everything right for a good TC build this time :). If you can't get relatively decent TC using a DNA, even with SS, usually it's a direct issue with the coil or wicking ;).

Enjoy :D.

Think we jinxed it..... Any chance you could offer any thoughts on my other post lol!

whacked it on the dna 75 and when i vape, it just says 'off' instead of the temp rising... it still vapes but im not sure if its controlling temp.... im starting to think its a setting in escribe perhaps but i factory reset it not long ago and all i have changed is resistance (0.0004 if i recall?) and case analyser.

whacked it on the dna 75 and when i vape, it just says 'off' instead of the temp rising... it still vapes but im not sure if its controlling temp.... im starting to think its a setting in escribe perhaps but i factory reset it not long ago and all i have changed is resistance (0.0004 if i recall?) and case analyser.

If it's just displaying "off" when you fire with TC mode turned on, something obviously isn't right as the mod is essentially firing in wattage mode only!! To test, do you have a tank with Ni200 coils to see how they fire??.

First, the 510 plate on top of the mod can be unscrewed and screwed in!! There's been a lot of complaints with this specific mod regarding this issue and how it can seriously affect TC. You need to ensure the plate is screwed down as tight as possible. There is no standard tool for doing this, so people have had to get creative in inserting something strong enough into the grooves/slots to then turn the plate and tighten it right down. You may need another pair of hands to hold mod still, etc, whilst you use something to tighten down the plate. Hopefully, if slightly lose and you get it tightened right down, all TC problems should instantly be sorted :). If it's already super tight......

... Check all grub screws nice and tight on legs in atty.. Check 510 pin on mod is nice and clean. Check 510 pin on atty is nice and clean.

Internal resistance should only be 0.004, (not 0.0004) but I realise that could easily be a typo or recalling incorrectly off the top of your head ;). Worth checking it to make sure however :).

Is your DNA fully updated, (should be on SP5)??

Have you downloaded the SS316L TFR curve .csv from Steamengine and uploaded to your mod?? If yes, have you selected it under your SS TC profiles?

Try those for now, cross fingers one helps. Unfortunately, you've unknowingly chosen one of the worst DNA's for TC thanks to Hcigar. The design of that 510 top plate has caused MAJOR headaches and countless complaints online. It's possible everything else is exactly as it should be, it's that damn top plate needing tightening that's the issue.

Hope that helps and hope next post has some good news :).

@binky18 had a similar issue with a standard sized VT75 .

Hopefully tagging him, he can tell you exactly how he fixed his :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom