What's new

Am so piss off

update on my woes ... it would appear my VT75 nano is not reading the correct resistance of the coil in temp mode :s any easy way to sort this out guys ?

@Tubbyengineer ?

Check the top plate is absolutely bastard tight, I have to do this once a week on mine and it fixes the issue until it comes lose again.

It won't necessarily feel lose but tighten it more anyway.

with SS temp control on my DNA75 , just cant get a consistent vape with it :banghead:

would NiFe30 give me a better experience ?

any help would be most helpful :)
Hi mate, I use SS316L for my TC builds on my DNA mods now, recently I have found I have had to adjust the temperature a fair amount though, I put this down to the cold weather although I could be wrong. .

I use 26G, 2.5MM coils at around 0.25. This is a little lower than some people suggest for SS, but I find it smooth and consistent for me.

Which tank or RDA are you using? Also, I have found the best CSV for me to be the one that was included with the update to Escribe, with SP3 for the DNA200's. It is for SS316, but I find it works perfectly for SS316L.

EDIT: I remember reading you mentioned 75W on another thread, if you are going for full power, with Kanthal the maximum is around 0.5, and for Ni200 0.2 for maximum power due to the 6.4V voltage limit. I am unsure for SS, but would imagine it to be between these two figures, so I would not go too high resistance wise if you do wish to vape at 75W.

Check the top plate is absolutely bastard tight, I have to do this once a week on mine and it fixes the issue until it comes lose again.

It won't necessarily feel lose but tighten it more anyway.

thanks mate , yeah I spotted that in the thread you made and the top is indeed "bastard tight" :) I'm pretty sure the mod isn't reading the correct resistance in temp mode only ... build a coil on my tab and it reads 0.5 ohm , pop it on the VT75 and it reads 0.42 switch to power mode and it reads 0.49 :hmm: so to get a decent vape in temp mode ... I lock the resistance in power mode then switch to SS tc . Annoying but its working

Hi mate, I use SS316L for my TC builds on my DNA mods now, recently I have found I have had to adjust the temperature a fair amount though, I put this down to the cold weather although I could be wrong. .

I use 26G, 2.5MM coils at around 0.25. This is a little lower than some people suggest for SS, but I find it smooth and consistent for me.

Which tank or RDA are you using? Also, I have found the best CSV for me to be the one that was included with the update to Escribe, with SP3 for the DNA200's. It is for SS316, but I find it works perfectly for SS316L.

EDIT: I remember reading you mentioned 75W on another thread, if you are going for full power, with Kanthal the maximum is around 0.5, and for Ni200 0.2 for maximum power due to the 6.4V voltage limit. I am unsure for SS, but would imagine it to be between these two figures, so I would not go too high resistance wise if you do wish to vape at 75W.

thanks for the info mate :2thumbsup:

I believe the mod isn't reading the correct resistance ive been getting a poor vape even at 600f , to get a decent vape in temp mode ... I lock the resistance in power mode then switch to SS tc

my builds are 2.5MM coils ranging from 0.3 to 0.7 (on the ohm meter , they don't read the same on the mod in temp mode but they are pretty close in power mode)

tanks are SXK Corolla V1.5 and Kayfun V5 , I haven't looked at Escribe yet , I'm not very good with these type of things

I'm not really aiming to vape at 75 watts that's just what the mod is set to in temp mode , in power mode I rarely go above 18 watts ;)

thanks for the info mate :2thumbsup:

I believe the mod isn't reading the correct resistance ive been getting a poor vape even at 600f , to get a decent vape in temp mode ... I lock the resistance in power mode then switch to SS tc

my builds are 2.5MM coils ranging from 0.3 to 0.7 (on the ohm meter , they don't read the same on the mod in temp mode but they are pretty close in power mode)

tanks are SXK Corolla V1.5 and Kayfun V5 , I haven't looked at Escribe yet , I'm not very good with these type of things

I'm not really aiming to vape at 75 watts that's just what the mod is set to in temp mode , in power mode I rarely go above 18 watts ;)
Hi mate, no problem :).

Hmm, that is quite strange, if you take off the atomiser, let it cool to room temperature, then put it on already in SS TC mode, is the vape inconsistent/ still needs to be set at near max temperature to get anything vapour wise?

Ok, nothing mad then, I use 2.5MM 26G SS myself, at around 35W or so.

I really would have a look at Escribe, as you mention you don't necessarily want to vape at 75W, it is just set at that. I would imagine you will want to lower your preheat and punch settings to your liking, and also check some things.

If you lock the device, then hold the up and down buttons, you can actually change the power in temp mode on the mod :). I would imagine that temp protect is being hit immediately at 75W, and then reducing power, but reducing too far which is resulting in poor vapour production. I myself had this issue with SS316L with the DNA200's until SP3, now they work very well.

I have myself noticed in the cold weather that TC has been a bit skew wiff, I do hope you can get it sorted though and have a great vape .

Everyone is different, but, I run my DNA SS TC at 40 watt.
Admittedly my resistance is 0.5~0.8 but works well for me.

You could try dialling back a bit as connan describes.

Back
Top Bottom