What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Am so piss off

I have lost count how many times recentlyI have had extremely hot inhale and choked. I was using Titanium on a 3mm. Never bothered about wraps as TC would sort it out. Just bought Ni200 from stealthvape as I have lost confidence.

SS should in theory give you a reasonably stable vape, I have been having a little trouble wit TC lately - It seems much more twitchy since the last firmware update - You need to ensure the atty is completely cold before registering the initial resistance and you do need to lock the resistance. NiFe30 is more stable than SS as the resistance change of coils is much higher. It's easy to coil with, feels much like kanthal to work with...

More info would be useful, tank your using, builds, but SS is not the best TC wire NiFe is easier to get working. Spaced coils are best for TC 0.3 upwards should be good, have you looked at whats happening on device monitor in escribe, it can give you some useful info on whats going on. I doubt its your mod, the DNA75 chip is a great TC chip.
TC can take some work to get right but when you do get it right can be a really nice vape.

thanks for the info guys :2thumbsup: it would appear I am doing every thing right to get a great vape it just isn't happening ,

I use these tanks all at room temp before I attach them to the Mod

Kayfun V5 , Digiflavour Siren and SXK Corolla 1.5

I always Build a spaced coil and have tried 0.3ohm to 0.7ohm builds ( resistance locked in ) and varying amounts of wick (I found less is best) sometimes the vape is great right off the bat , thick and full of flavour :2thumbsup: so I happily empty the tank , refill and BAM poor vape :( vape half the tank check the build , everything looks fine wick is saturated e.t.c but still a poor vape. Its been driving me nuts lol cos when its working as it should its a fantastic vape.

ive only used escribe to update the Mod , I think I will give NiFe30 a try ;)

can you glow the coil when using Nife or is it much like NI200 where its a big no no ?

I've tried every type of wire for TC and none work for me ..... well, it works but it just feels weird, I don't like it and it doesn't suit my natural vaping style at all.

I've tried every type of wire for TC and none work for me ..... well, it works but it just feels weird, I don't like it and it doesn't suit my natural vaping style at all.

same experience here, just really not something i found suited me. to be honest, i find wattage mode ticks all the boxes for me and its just so much more straightforward.

thanks for the info guys :2thumbsup: it would appear I am doing every thing right to get a great vape it just isn't happening ,

I use these tanks all at room temp before I attach them to the Mod

Kayfun V5 , Digiflavour Siren and SXK Corolla 1.5

I always Build a spaced coil and have tried 0.3ohm to 0.7ohm builds ( resistance locked in ) and varying amounts of wick (I found less is best) sometimes the vape is great right off the bat , thick and full of flavour :2thumbsup: so I happily empty the tank , refill and BAM poor vape :( vape half the tank check the build , everything looks fine wick is saturated e.t.c but still a poor vape. Its been driving me nuts lol cos when its working as it should its a fantastic vape.

ive only used escribe to update the Mod , I think I will give NiFe30 a try ;)

can you glow the coil when using Nife or is it much like NI200 where its a big no no ?
You can dry burn - if you do the wire will turn a fairly matt black colour, doesnt affect the vape at all though - However do keep any dry burning as short as possible, and if it's just a matter of making sure the coil works fine and is clean then try firing it at 600f which is enough to smoke off any oils and residues...

I think The cold weather is also partly to blame because your mod is assuming "room temperature" conditions even when it's freezing. Been throwing the TC off on my builds as well and not just on DNA mods.I started doing TC about April last year and it was great, but it seems a bit off sometimes recently. Hopefully it will improve when it warms back up a bit.

Build wise anything above 0.3 should be ok, but I've been tinkering with steam-engine recently trying to figure out where I'm going wrong and 0.3 on a SS316L build gives you a fairly low TC precision. Upping the resistance should improve the TC precision and lead to a more stable vape, but if you're using a DNA75 mod you want to keep it below 0.5 ohms or you'll hit the dreaded 6.2volt limit.

I use claptons and have found that a 0.25mm or 0.2mm clapton works best, I recently got a load of 0.16mm and 0.14mm wire which is super easy to clapton with but this will again reduce your TC precision and that was giving me all sorts of problems.

Running a Siren 22 on a Pico in TC mode, also a Corolla 1.5 on a Pico in TC mode with no problems. However it's all MTL, 316Lss x 3mm x 10 wraps of 26AWG. Gives about 0.96 to 1.02 Ohms. OK it's a Pico mod (no fancy DNA board) - they will run upto 1.5Ohms in TC mode. Just set the Wattage to a sensible level (say 16 to 20W).

Coils seem to last forever and you can almost wash and re-use the cotton on the Siren. That's with DIY custards or Birthday cake - real wick gunkers.

Back
Top Bottom