What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A Panegyric to @Stealthvape & Niffy the Wonder Wire...

I've just received my NiFe30 from stealthvape. TCR imported to the DNA 200 so no probs there. But how can I set this safely on the IPV D2 which you can't alter TCR's, eg set the temp 20c lower than Ni200 ?

If you go onto Steam Engine and use the wire wizard tab, set the wire type to NiFe30 stealth vape and then at the top right there are a few different options, choose Ni200 equivalent. It's actually very close at the temperatures we're running.

I'm impressed ... TC now working very well indeed. I've stripped down and rebuilt the OCC head for the Aromamizer RDTA. Single, 3mm spaced coil of 0.4mm Niffy giving 0.164 ohms, set as Ni200 on the iPV D2 ... 40 Joules, 195C
A warm vape, cloudy and flavourful. I tasted something a little different in the first few draws but it's gone away now. The coil turns black but it doesn't look like gunking, the wicks are reasonably clean after 3mls.

Quite enjoying NiFe 30. Coiled up the Velocity Mini, single coil, 0.4mm NiFe, 3.5 bit with 15 wraps. Huge coil but a very nice vape @ 420F. After a few days with this setup I'll do a dual build.

I'm impressed ... TC now working very well indeed. I've stripped down and rebuilt the OCC head for the Aromamizer RDTA. Single, 3mm spaced coil of 0.4mm Niffy giving 0.164 ohms, set as Ni200 on the iPV D2 ... 40 Joules, 195C
A warm vape, cloudy and flavourful. I tasted something a little different in the first few draws but it's gone away now. The coil turns black but it doesn't look like gunking, the wicks are reasonably clean after 3mls.
AFAIK it's the Iron in the wire that causes it to go black, seems to be perfectly normal, it's done it on every one of my coils, still seems easy enough to spot gunk on the coils though...

I must be doing something wrong here! got some nife30 in the post this morning, along with my velocity clone. Wrapped x2 spaced coils with 10 wraps each.

It's reading 0.39 ohms on my xcube 2. I've set the TCR to 0.005 ni (which i've seen previously mentioned in this post)

Thing is, it's burning way too hot even at 210F and burning my cotton :( anyone have any tips?

What gauge nife did you get? That ohm reading seems a little high for 10 wrapped dual coil, what internal diameter too? . Did you set the resistance in when the coils were cool at room temperature? @Clownstyle

Odd.. just reattached my atty after letting it cool, went through the new coil setup again and now its working like a champ!

Hmmmmm somethings gone wrong. There's either a lot of static resistance at the atty 510/mod connection or something funny going on at the coil/post connection. As you can see from the steam engine screen capture, for a 28 gauge nife30 @3mm ID, you would need nearly 26 wraps to get 0.39 ohm on a dual coil. Work your way through each bit systematically, does the resistance on the mod match that of a dedicated ohms reader? clean your 510 in the mod and the atty, check your wire has a rock solid connection and then try again. Your resistance for about 10 wraps dual coil should be closer to 0.15. Is the xcube reading other atomizer coils correctly? Plug in a coil you know the resistance of and see if it isn't reading correctly. Could you upload a pic of your build? @Clownstyle

Attachments

• 1445953175008.jpg
    1445953175008.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 233
Back
Top Bottom