What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

317L SS wire and DNA 200

Thanks! It sat at around 0.34 but I'll try a single coil as well just to get a feel with the higher resistance!

here is my aromamizer after 3 days - UD 316L , dual, 11/12 wraps spaced coil comes to 0.655ohm - locked on the profile using it @ 45w
GNqG1s9.jpg

just build a contact coil and then pull it apart - I usually go for 2-3 wraps more and then pull it apart as well as pull "out" the non needed wraps - you can also set the TCR in Escribe manually - go to custom and then press special as you can see below and add it here - rather than getting a .CSV file ...
qBnlh2d.png

then add the TCR as required for your wire - eg 316L 0.00092
WXtEdil.png

here are the TCR Values of each type of the common used wires (thx DJLSBVAPES):

Ni200: 0.00620
Ti01: 0.00350
SS316L: 0.00092
SS316: 0.000915
SS317L: 0.00088
SS317: 0.000875
SS304: 0.00105
SS304: 0.00105
SS430: 0.00138
SS410: 0.00155
NiFe30: 0.00320

Last edited:
My Lavabox DNA200 stopped working just before Xmas and i've just received a replacement from the vendor who have been very helpful (elqdecigs.co.uk).
I also had a problem with my Crius V3 which was leaking all over the place, another common issue. Thanks to Boldvape for resolving the issue with minimum fuss and great customer service.
Now that i'm back in business i've built a single spaced coil using 317L, 8-9 wraps on my subtank mini using the same csv profile on my DNA200 and it's giving me fantastic results. The coil is at 0.59ohms and i'm vaping at 400F, the flavour is impeccable.
If you're dry burning, make sure you just pulse them and don't over do it prior to wicking. I've found that glowing the coils too much will have a detrimental effect.
I set my pre-heat value to 50W and vape at 30W at my desired temp. If your pre-heat wattage is lower than your vaping watts it will have no effect. As a general rule keep your pre-heat wattage equal to or less than twice your vaping watts.
If you find you're SS build is not working in temp control try it in non temp control, you may need to use a different mod if you have it on a DNA200. If it's still not performing then I would think it's a problem with the build or the wicking. SS can be used without temp control.

Early days for me with regards to SS17 on the DNA200.....about 6 builds in now. What I have learnt thus far, pulse at 10 watts and strum to kill of hot spots. One contact build played me right up so have stuck with spaced. .4 wire and higher ohms seems to work better, around .5, suppose the higher datum helps with the maths compared to greater resistance changes of NI200. Can be dry burnt but once again pulsed at quite low watts, melted some glowing at 30 watts...,it's no kanthel when it comes to dry burning.

Back
Top Bottom