What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Just got a new DNA mod?

Just remind me of it when the Tech Geek has fully charged batteries to spare despite the lack of electricity on said Island...
I have 3dj on a exercise bike with a dynamo... Bottle of JD a few yards in front of him..

And now the DNA75-C makes escribe redundant [emoji5]

Hopefully they'll expand this leap to future higher power boards soonish.

And now the DNA75-C makes escribe redundant [emoji5]

Hopefully they'll expand this leap to future higher power boards soonish.

They may not be able to apply it to higher power boards because of all of the August 8th Grandfather laws BS!! We'll have to see I guess.

If it allows a noob to pick up a DNA however and be able to use it without Escribe (for the most part), it can't be all bad :). I'm really surprised it has actually taken them this long lol ;).

I've set myself up with a load of DNA200's to last me years, so other than maybe seeing friends with these things, it's not something I'm that bothered about TBH. Current DNAs can already do so much more than an average mod and most importantly for me, the TC is incredibly hard to beat. As long as it vapes well and the TC works really well, I don't care if I have a monochrome or colour screen lol. I've recently been messing around a little with theming, but nothing serious. More for my own fonts than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, it is interesting and just because I've set myself up for the foreseeable future with my kit doesn't mean I'm not interested in new stuff, I'm highly u likely to be buying any of it though ;). I'm glad it'll potentially give people who would never have considered a DNA a chance to finally see just what they can do without needing a PC to get the best out of it all :).

My main thing is it'll be handy to alter punch on the move.

I'm honestly not convinced it needs another button though.
They say they'd run out of combinations and so added the select button. Surely all they need now is one combination..... To get into the menu and once you're in there the fire is select?! I don't get it..... That arrangement has worked for most manufacturers for quite a while

My main thing is it'll be handy to alter punch on the move.

I'm honestly not convinced it needs another button though.
They say they'd run out of combinations and so added the select button. Surely all they need now is one combination..... To get into the menu and once you're in there the fire is select?! I don't get it..... That arrangement has worked for most manufacturers for quite a while

Yeh, I sat and watched the Pbusardo and Brandon interview when he went over to show and tell the DNA 75 Colour and they discussed the whole running out of button combination issue and their own people forgetting combinations, etc.... Then talking about adding an extra select button lol????

I was also thinking, why not simply have hold up and down to enter a menu, once into the menus as always you navigate with up or down and fire selects lol!!! WTF the need for another button if the whole idea is to add menus to get rid of buttons and combinations anyway pmsl????

I have no doubt that Evolv have some of the best technically minded people employed there and in the ecig business as a whole. Given the performance and efficiency of DNAs as an example as well, there's some seriously smart fookers at Evolv. But, as can often happen with hardcore software designers and engineers or seriously geeky techs, there's an inherent lack of common sense and identifying easier solutions to problems lol. By nature they totally over think simple problems and end up making it even more complicated lol.

I have to wonder if that's what has gone on here lol??! It's either that, or because they're now transferring a lot of Escribe directly onto the mods, they perhaps want to keep an almost standard mod layout of up, down and fire for your average new vaper or the guy that wants to keep it real simple. Then, if you really want to go to town on adjustable everything on the mod, that's when the extra button really kicks in to give you access to even more extras that the standard buttons just don't give???

These things still didn't appear finalised at all, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually transpires, but it is kinda cool :).

P.S. lol. Why the need for adjustable punch on the go?? Why not just increase/decrease wattage very slightly lol?? I've never really found the punch to make that much of a difference TBH, but obviously even that may differ greatly with smaller more delicate coils around or above 1 ohm far more than something near or below mid sub ohm???

It's all changing and moving on so rapidly again. Now Evolv have done this and unveiled, it won't be long before Innokin, Kanger, SMOK all start to follow suit lol ;).

It's all changing and moving on so rapidly again. Now Evolv have done this and unveiled, it won't be long before Innokin, Kanger, SMOK all start to follow suit lol ;).

Seen the voopoo drag with the gene chip and the software you install on your pc to configure it? The screen on the mod does look a similar (well, almost identical) to a Dna screen too, doesn't it?

Mind you, at $38 on one site..... it looks good value for what seems to be a 'very DNA style' device

Seen the voopoo drag with the gene chip and the software you install on your pc to configure it? The screen on the mod does look a similar (well, almost identical) to a Dna screen too, doesn't it?

Mind you, at $38 on one site..... it looks good value for what seems to be a 'very DNA style' device

I happened to see it by pure chance on the VapnFagan YouTube channel yesterday actually lol. I haven't seen the software to see what it looks like, etc though!! Got a link?? Not that I'm gonna download it. Frankly I'm really surprised it's taken this long for mod manufacturers to copy Evolv and the whole Escribe concept. Yes, it does look very close to a DNA, having said that, a couple of my mods have screens that look exactly like DNA40's as well, it's not uncommon and they could actually be the same screen as a DNA40, anyway. I think Evolv have definitely set a bar other manufacturers have been frequently emulating with screens and similar or the same button combinations as well.

I'm sure you'll also remember the original Joyetech eVic that had full software support by PC :)?? , I could never understand why Joyetech didn't continue the concept with later generation boards as well. Clearly the boards had the capability for it as the Arctic Fox firmware now gives people the option again, Joyetech obviously didn't want to spend the time or money developing it further in house and have left it to open source development. The original eVic was way ahead of its time over 4 years ago with the full PC software that was available for it and it was a very advanced wee mod, often criticised as too advanced at the time, do you remember them lol :)??. I think more people would have an interest in it again now when they've heard of the various options available with the DNAs, not just enthusiast DNA users ;). The original eVic did only have 11 watts though lol. Considering however most of us were using original CE4/5's or clearos like T3/MT3's, etc at the time with 1.8, 2.4 or 2.7 ohm coil heads, 11 watts was certainly more than enough :).

The Arctic Fox software has been around a while now too to turn most Joyetech boards into a Escribe'esque type interface. It looks quite interesting. I was intending to hook up my Cuboid and standard RX200 to Arctic Fox but I just can't get around to it lol ;).

I think it's something we'll start to see a lot more of again with the way vaping is moving along, with most mods having companion software IF people want to use it but not necessarily vital, just more of an optional extra :).

Hope there's more apps developed for phones, etc too rather than all of these software packages being PC only!! If you can easily hook your mod up to any mobile device as you can a DNA to a PC, I think there would be MASSIVE interest :). People do tend to want to have a play with features just on their mods, even when they don't understand it. If developers have some clear basic and advanced sections clearly labelled to let users know not to mess with advanced features they don't understand, more and more people would have an interest in hooking their mods up :).

Another year and we'll probably be seeing combination mods and phones as well anyway lol ;).

Oooh you lucky bugger you...

I know you're itching to get on and do lot's of twiddling and even some vaping - but Save yourself a little trouble later on when something goes wrong by making the first thing you do on Escribe ...
Click on File, Click Save As, Name the file after your mod and add the word basic at the end e.g: Sunbox E75basic

Voila you now have a copy of the mod as it came from the manufacturer - this includes any custom screens, battery info or case thermals info - so if something does go wrong then you simply need to load the basic profile back on to get to factory default...
You sir deserve a pint. After hitting "restore factory settings" on e scribe for my lost vape drone it decided I had 3 battery's not 2 and promptly shut my mod down. After a minor hissy fit I loaded my original saved settings and bingo back to 2 battery's and 1 happy bunny so thanks :dance:

I bought a secondhand Lavabox DNA200 on eBay, and the previous owner has set it up with his own presets.

How do I go about finding the factory settings? Will they be in there somewhere, or would I need to download them from Evolv/Volcano? If the latter, would there be any point in doing this, or should I just set it up the way I want it and not worry about it? I have a calibration tool if that makes any difference.

Any help gratefully received! [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom