What's new

Just got a new DNA mod?

Tubbyengineer

Legend
Oooh you lucky bugger you...

I know you're itching to get on and do lot's of twiddling and even some vaping - but Save yourself a little trouble later on when something goes wrong by making the first thing you do on Escribe ...
Click on File, Click Save As, Name the file after your mod and add the word basic at the end e.g: Sunbox E75basic

Voila you now have a copy of the mod as it came from the manufacturer - this includes any custom screens, battery info or case thermals info - so if something does go wrong then you simply need to load the basic profile back on to get to factory default...

Thanks tubby, very good shout! I have made your thread sticky. I think it was from the Christmas cake I had for breakfast :D

It said " This is a mech... You dont need to piss about with Escribe to get the perfect vape as I presume you have better things to do"
Ah, did you look at the sub code for that error - I just looked it up...
"User error 985439 - User is a Luddite who is worried DNA devices are smarter than they are"...:P

Other things to do when you get your device (Although they aren't essential - just maximise performance)
Check the case thermal properties - if they are the standard 150/150/10 then you should run the case analyser, it's dead simple just follow the onscreen instruction and leave it alone for a few hours (Overnight works well) - this allows the mod to know how fast your mod heats and cools during charging and ensures the mod will charge at the speed thats safest for your device (really sealed mods with big batteries cant get rid of the heat so need to be chatged slower)...

If you have a single or triple battery mod you'll probably be able to download generic discharge curves for your batteries but I prefer to run the Battery analyser myself You'll need a dummy load to attach to the mod - I use a dripper deck with four 10w / 2 0hm power resistors I bought from Maplin for a total of 40w @ 0.5 ohms - which is a fairly realistic load for me. You could also use a loop of kanthal but be sure to keep an eye on the device as running the battery analyser means it will start with a full battery and fire the mod 5s on / 5s off until the battery is empty. It will then use this information to plot an accurate battery life curve for your battery / batteries...

Last edited:
Ah, did you look at the sub code for that error - I just looked it up...
"User error 985439 - User is a Luddite who is worried DNA devices are smarter than they are"...:P
When we are on a dessert island going to remind you of this conversation when you havnt got your laptop to check how many puffs youve had or your home screen has gone tits up...

When we are on a dessert island going to remind you of this conversation when you havnt got your laptop to check how many puffs youve had or your home screen has gone tits up...
Just remind me of it when the Tech Geek has fully charged batteries to spare despite the lack of electricity on said Island...

If you have a single or triple battery mod you'll probably be able to download generic discharge curves for your batteries but I prefer to run the Battery analyser myself You'll need a dummy load to attach to the mod - I use a dripper deck with four 10w power resistors I bought from Maplin for a total of 40w @ 0.5 ohms - which is a fairly realistic load for me.
Meanwhile in mechworld we are sitting comfortably vaping away with a beer or 6 ,pissing ourselves laughing at you and your gadget show pals. The name Sheldon does suit you steve or would you prefer walowitz?..

Back
Top Bottom