What's new

What am I doing wrong

Cn1234

Postman
Hey guys,

So the last 2weeks I have been nicotine free and have been fine other that the wick in my vape keeps on consistently splitting in the middle. I have a geekvape agenis mod and a hadaly atomiser. I buy premade coils and have been using squonkers for the last 3yrs. I am using fizzy juice eliquid with no nicotine, I have used this eliquid numerous times before with no issues and with 3mg nicotine. So far I have tried replacing coil, using more and less cotton, using different cotton, pulling the coil further apart and pushing it really close together, reducing wattage (0.8ohm (25-40w) I’m running out of options, I think it may be due to not having nicotine in the eliquid. Has anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Have you tried slightly spacing the coil? Sounds like a hotspot burning through the wick.

I used to get this in one of my older RTA's but it was down to my wicking, two of the things that I found that can cause the cotton to burn in the centre; one of them is the wick being too tight either in the coil or the juice channel, the other is too much power either from the preheat or vaping faster than the wick can keep up.

The nicotine shouldn't be an issue as a shortfill without nicotine is generally thinner (less VG) unless I'm missing something?

Also have you tried TC Mode? (Temperature Control).

I used to get this in one of my older RTA's but it was down to my wicking, two of the things that I found that can cause the cotton to burn in the centre; one of them is the wick being too tight either in the coil or the juice channel, the other is too much power either from the preheat or vaping faster than the wick can keep up.

The nicotine shouldn't be an issue as a shortfill without nicotine is generally thinner (less VG) unless I'm missing something?

Also have you tried TC Mode? (Temperature Control).

didn’t both of those issues also cause a nasty dry dunt?

Ah, so he did, I struggle with unformatted slabs of text.

didn’t both of those issues also cause a nasty dry dunt?
Nope, they were pretty much similar to the above problem, I would coil and wick it and it vaped great but didn't last more than a couple of days, I was confident my wick wasn't too tight in the coil but it turned out to be a bad habit of mine by over doing the tails in the juice well and choking it.

Thank you for everyone’s help. So annoying, I have just rewicked gone for a vape at 25w, after 5mins noticed I hardly had no battery so changed for a fresh one, checked wick and split in the middle, it’s strange as the wick isn’t burnt. I think I will try TC if that doesn’t work try new coil again but Instead of Clapton go for a alien or something instead I think.

Back
Top Bottom