What's new

Wasp Nano Advice.

Chris K

Vendor
Evening Apes,

So picked up alittle Wasp Nano to use as an out & about squonk RDA for the extra battery life.

Running on a LV Halcyon at 320F (38w with a initial fire at 55w for 1.5 secs) using flattened SS Clapton @ 0.35ohms. Also tried a Caterpillar SS @ 0.75ohms. Cotton Bacon as always.

Now, where is the flavour hiding?! Positioned coil high so could see daylight between the two airflows, positioned it low so air hit it bang on the side, still very poor flavour. Tried (in my opinion) too much cotton and (in my opinion) the right amount of cotton. Adjusted airflow between wide open and half. Still poor.

Goon 1.5 was superb, just running at 80w ate the poor little 900mah Lipo in about 4 hours.

Any advice? Heard such good things about the Wasp so assume I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

Thanks guys & girls.

I love my Nano's but I run mine with very restricted airflow to get the flavour. I think my coil is either a tiger or twisted, about 0.4, set so the air hits it full on. Air holes are way too big imho.

I love my Nano's but I run mine with very restricted airflow to get the flavour. I think my coil is either a tiger or twisted, about 0.4, set so the air hits it full on. Air holes are way too big imho.

Thanks, I'll give it ago with airflow hugely restricted.

Wide open it is too airy for a single coil, clouds are pretty but who cares if you can't get the flavour.

Stick a simple single micro coil in there, Nichrome 80 at 0.4 or 0.5 ohms running it between 30-50 watts

Sit the coil so the air is hitting the underside of the coil

That's my set up and the flavour is tremendous

iv got a simple 24 awg flatend ss build 6 wraps comeing out at .3 airflow is half open and sat in the middle of the air flow holes it works for me but we are all different in what we like hope that helps

Well put in a 0.8ohm micro coil at 28w. Placed coil so it's midway, air hitting direct to side with the airflow opened the minimum amount and.....

Better but still not great. Just don't think the Wasp is for me.

Think I'll just have to stick to the Goon 1.5 and carry a spare mod in glove box.

Well put in a 0.8ohm micro coil at 28w. Placed coil so it's midway, air hitting direct to side with the airflow opened the minimum amount and.....

Think I'll just have to stick to the Goon 1.5 and carry a spare mod in glove box.

The Wasp works better with a decent sized coil in the airflow holes. A micro coil is like chucking a sausage up close in a Wasp as the airholes are, for its size, fairly large.
@kamido mentioned flattened SS, I use flattened Nichrome in mine. 5 or 6 wraps with 3.5mm inner, comes to about 0.4 ohms.
OK the flavour isnae quite Hadalyesque, but better than chucking a big walloper coil in it. tried that too and it was a rather disappointing experience.
But, it isnae too bad. Might be worth you getting a length of flattened wire and giving it one last go 'fore you bin it.

When I stick a chunkier coil in mine I find it gets very warm and I get a fair bit of spitback and end up with a mouthful of juice

I have been running mine with a micro coil 3mm diameter 0.5 and airflow fully open run it at 40 watts and above and the flavour is spot on

I suppose that's what makes vaping so subjective and what one person finds works well doesn't suit others

Whatever you do though try everything out before you give up on it because when you do get the setup that works for you, you will struggle to find a single coil RDA that rivals it

It's been recommended that you try a 0.3 or 0.4 coil, so you try a 0.8?
Try out the suggestions before giving up.:)

It's been recommended that you try a 0.3 or 0.4 coil, so you try a 0.8?
Try out the suggestions before giving up.:)

Ive tried a 0.35 (mentioned before).

So far I've tried 0.35, 0.75 & 0.8 with various wires, various coil positions, various airflow various liquids and various temp/wattage levels. Has to be a point I say I'd rather cut my £20 Wasp off than waste more time and money.

It works well for some people, personally I think it's rather crap.

Back
Top Bottom