What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Virgin Squonker!

Welcome to #mechlife sparky!!

First off, you'd be well advised to check if the brass contact, when it touches the 510 to make a circuit sparks. This will be a bit iffy and need a bit of fiddling and metal bending to make the thing work better and safer. I've had to temporarily bin a boxer clone due to this.
And make sure you swab and polish the metal contact when the device arrives!! A wee swab with metal polish or some isopropyl alcohol will be a good start.

Oh, and check the bottle and cap fit securely so no air escapes twixt the bottle threads s that'll make actual squonking a nightmare.

Now, on tae the Wasp. The wee blighter likes a chunkyish coil. I use flattened 23g Nichrome ( look for Brochrome on Stealthvape!!) and 5/6 wraps with 3mm inner fills the chamber nicely and comes to ~0.35ohms. Nice warm tasty vape.
Did try a fancy fused clapton thingummy, but way too warm for me. Do mind that what i think is finest kind will most likely not be your poke of chips.
But, generally, going by the patter on here, a 0.3-0.4 ohm sizeable coil will be peachy keen.
^^ pretty much this^^
You wont go wrong with the wasp mate, ive got a spaced fused clapton 3mm on my runt/wasp nano combo and the vape is amazing. I also use brochrome from stealthvape.
As always with mech clones please please check and clean all points of contact, check battery wraps for dings and nicks, if you have any doubt about a battery wrap just rewrap it abd be safe it literally takes seconds.

Happy vaping buddy stay safe.[emoji36][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

Edit: Tag for op @Billy_

Welcome to #mechlife sparky!!

First off, you'd be well advised to check if the brass contact, when it touches the 510 to make a circuit sparks. This will be a bit iffy and need a bit of fiddling and metal bending to make the thing work better and safer. I've had to temporarily bin a boxer clone due to this.
And make sure you swab and polish the metal contact when the device arrives!! A wee swab with metal polish or some isopropyl alcohol will be a good start.

Oh, and check the bottle and cap fit securely so no air escapes twixt the bottle threads s that'll make actual squonking a nightmare.

Now, on tae the Wasp. The wee blighter likes a chunkyish coil. I use flattened 23g Nichrome ( look for Brochrome on Stealthvape!!) and 5/6 wraps with 3mm inner fills the chamber nicely and comes to ~0.35ohms. Nice warm tasty vape.
Did try a fancy fused clapton thingummy, but way too warm for me. Do mind that what i think is finest kind will most likely not be your poke of chips.
But, generally, going by the patter on here, a 0.3-0.4 ohm sizeable coil will be peachy keen.

Good day sir! Firstly, thanks for taking the time to break everything down!

OK so, I have got myself a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a big old bag of cotton balls to make sure everything is rubbed down and clean, and for regular cleaning. Thanks for the advice regarding contact points, I'll be sure to double check and triple check those for a nice clean connection.

So it seems that 0.3-0.4ohm is the most comment resistance used for the wasp, a 3mm ID and a decent sized coil is what to aim for, big fancy builds aren't really necessary. Awesome! Pretty hyped to get started now :)

^^ pretty much this^^
You wont go wrong with the wasp mate, ive got a spaced fused clapton 3mm on my runt/wasp nano combo and the vape is amazing. I also use brochrome from stealthvape.
As always with mech clones please please check and clean all points of contact, check battery wraps for dings and nicks, if you have any doubt about a battery wrap just rewrap it abd be safe it literally takes seconds.

Happy vaping buddy stay safe.[emoji36][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

Edit: Tag for op @Billy_

Awesome! I got myself a sony vtc5 battery from fogstar which is newly wrapped in perfect condition, and have plenty spare wraps so if i run into any issues i can rewrap. I am pretty OCD when it comes to keeping my vaping gear clean so will definitely keep on top f the cleaning/ maintenance :)

Loving all the advice and how helpful everyone is! Once I receive my goodies and have her set up i'll report back :2thumbsup:

Good day sir! Firstly, thanks for taking the time to break everything down!

OK so, I have got myself a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a big old bag of cotton balls to make sure everything is rubbed down and clean, and for regular cleaning. Thanks for the advice regarding contact points, I'll be sure to double check and triple check those for a nice clean connection.

So it seems that 0.3-0.4ohm is the most comment resistance used for the wasp, a 3mm ID and a decent sized coil is what to aim for, big fancy builds aren't really necessary. Awesome! Pretty hyped to get started now :)

As it was early doors and genius here was a tad undercaffinated: a fibreglass pen fae ebay, scrubs up contacts a peach!! For 2 odd quid you'll no go wrong.

If you find it to be a little low on power you can swap out the 510 and contacts for relatively cheap if you feel competent in doing so. I seem to see a lot of people on facebook doing that with the cheap clone mods. Another noteworthy thing is the bottle in clones tends to be really poorly made and you can easily find a replacement for cheap too. They're relatively simple things and you shouldn't have any trouble with swapping out components for "better" ones if you feel the need to.

If you find it to be a little low on power you can swap out the 510 and contacts for relatively cheap if you feel competent in doing so. I seem to see a lot of people on facebook doing that with the cheap clone mods. Another noteworthy thing is the bottle in clones tends to be really poorly made and you can easily find a replacement for cheap too. They're relatively simple things and you shouldn't have any trouble with swapping out components for "better" ones if you feel the need to.

Awesome, thanks for the advice Scott! I don't suppose you have any links handy for better quality components? If not I'll do a little bit of hunting around

Awesome, thanks for the advice Scott! I don't suppose you have any links handy for better quality components? If not I'll do a little bit of hunting around
the mod maker 510 and bottle are a great starting point:

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM510-Squonker-Connector
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM-Squonker-Bottle-Kit?search=bottle

as for the contacts you could buy some copper plate from ebay or something and drill and cut it to size (13mm hole for the negative side)
or you can buy a kit from here

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...Mech-Squonker-Connection-Kit-Beryllium-Copper

accessory wise you can get flat plates for the 510 to make it fit into the 24/22mm hole that the box has here:

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=mm510

the mod maker 510 and bottle are a great starting point:

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM510-Squonker-Connector
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM-Squonker-Bottle-Kit?search=bottle

as for the contacts you could buy some copper plate from ebay or something and drill and cut it to size (13mm hole for the negative side)
or you can buy a kit from here

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...Mech-Squonker-Connection-Kit-Beryllium-Copper

accessory wise you can get flat plates for the 510 to make it fit into the 24/22mm hole that the box has here:

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=mm510

You sir are a gent, and a scholar. Thanks!

After what feels like a decade, my S rabbit mech squonker hasd finally arrived! So let's get down to it.

Packaging the S rabbit came in
qH6vvC6
qH6vvC6.jpg

Squonk pin installed into the Dead Rabbti RDA, fresh build installed, flaptons @ 0.19ohm and wicked with cotton bacon
EZkom4D.jpg

rxbRUrE.jpg

Internals. As sewer rat advised, fully stripped down and thoroughly scrubbed everything with isopropyl alcohol. Brass contacts scrubbed up with a fibre glass pen and put back together
Cck0IcP.jpg

Checked to see if the plate on the 510 pin connector makes a clean and flat contact with the brass firing plate (indicated with arrows), which it didnt. So had a little fiddle and carefully manipulated the 510 connector plate to sit flush, then recleaned.
sRjNkxn.jpg

Filled my bottle with my fav juice, inserted my Sony VTC5a battery and gave her a test fire.
Ja99Gnh.jpg

No leaks from the bottle and hits like a truck full of dildos! Love Love Love this little device! Also has a little magnetic block to slot in between the firing pin and 510 connector, so when not in use prevents autofiring
ZjH3kYR.jpg

Finally, hand check
3EjXki6.jpg

Big shout out to everyone who has offered me advice here, especially @EmbraSewerRat :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom