What's new

Views on the Mulciber RDA

St00ble

Postman
As encouraged by @KeithM (thank you btw for answering my questions on this RDA prior to purchase), here are my initial thoughts on this little RDA.

I am relatively new to dripping, having made the switch from tanks about 6 months ago, and I'm even newer to squonking, starting about a month back. In that time, this mulciber counts as my 5th RDA and the 3rd in my arsenal that is squonk ready. Despite my lack of experience, relative to many other posters on this fine forum, I am comfortable in saying that this is thus far my favourite squonking RDA. Here is a quick run through of my pros and cons. This only arrived this morning and I've been using it nonstop since it dropped through the letter box at 8am, but already I feel I have a good grasp on this little banger.

Pros
- Flavour. This is a tiny RDA, similar in size to the Freakshow mini (which is terrible btw, avoid!). It is 22mm in diameter, 18mm tall and has a 15mm chamber. The result of all this is that the flavour I'm getting off the single coil is absolutely immense, comparable to the flavour I get off my favourite RDA, the Aeronaut (tbh the Aeronaut probably shades it but that really is a stellar RDA). The airflow is side on and hits directly onto the coil. The tiny chamber and minimal distance between coil and mouth means little flavour is lost as the vapour travels into your mouth and lungs. Superb
- Airflow. You are supplied with two airflow rings, one with a single slot, one with two slots. The slots are thin and wide. This gives plenty of airflow options. I myself like a very restricted DTL vape. This is handily achieved with minimal fuss by the Mulciber.
- Build deck. This was the main reason I bought this RDA. I'm very cackhanded and so prefer to use prebuilt coils. Most single coil squonk-ready RDAs seem to come either with a postless deck (eg Pulse 22) or a Hadaly style deck, meaning these prebuilt coils need to be fiddled with in order to get them in. This inevitably messes with their resistance and results are inconsistent at best. With the mulciber it really is as simple as slip in and go.
- Build quality. As far as I know, this is 100% stainless steel (I got that from Dean the Vaping Biker's review video). It does not feel cheap. Dean in his video says he feels the airflow rings are flimsy in his opinion. I personally don't get that. They are thin, but I have no concerns for them (or any other part of the RDA) breaking any time soon
- Style and design. This is a tiny bugger and for me that is exactly what I want sitting on top of a squonker. I have an unregulated Yiloong Gorilla and a regulated Hotcig RSQ (if anyone is looking for a regulated squonk, buy one, it's great), two very small single 18650 devices. I nearly purchased another aeronaut for these, but that makes the devices far too top heavy. The Mulciber very much fits in line with stealthy, minimalist squonking. The design of the airflow also means that the RDA is practically leak proof. You have to try really hard to over squonk this.

Cons
- Screws. The Mulciber comes with absolutely minuscule screws that require what must be the world's tiniest flathead screwdriver. I do not have one of these. To get enough purchase I had to use the tip of a very sharp kitchen knife (not the safest), and even then it was a pain in the arse. I had to fiddle and fiddle with my build as it kept shorting which I'm convinced was down to the screws not making appropriate contact with the coil leads. This annoying con would have been mitigated by the inclusion of either alternative grub screws that require an Allen key, or said world's tiniest flathead screwdriver. Neither come in the box. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs a slap. I've already ordered replacement grub screws and an Allen key and I cannot wait for them to arrive.
- Drip tip. The Mulciber is made of three parts: top cap, build deck and positive post (held in by the 510 connector). That means the drip tip is part of the top cap. The drip tip is also stainless steel which is a problem. The RDA is only 18mm tall meaning the tip is very very close to the coil. As such it gets really f*cking hot, really f*cking quickly. It is also tiny, meaning I struggle to get my lips round it. It needs to be a smidge taller and made out of anything other than a heat-conducting metal. I have stuck my own drip tip in the top (and it's a good thing that any 510 drip tip will fit snuggly), but I feel this takes away from the overall aesthetic of the thing, making it less pleasing on the eye. My drip tip is nearly as tall as the whole RDA!
- O rings. The top cap is held onto the deck by two O rings and unfortunately these are very thin. It takes no effort at all to remove it, which is good, but it should take a little effort in my view. I appreciate that this is a very difficult thing for manufacturers to get right and at the end of the day I'd rather it be a little loose than too tight (I have to jimmy my Pulse 22's top cap off with a knife every bloody time). So it's not a big deal, but worth mentioning. I haven't yet swapped them over with the spares in the box. Maybe they will be tighter
- Build deck. Yes, this was in the pros list, and I love it, I really do. BUT, the one downside is the posts. The holes in them are tiny. I have a lot of different pre made coils lying around, and many are different types of claptons. None of the claptons fit. No one should expect this RDA to take big builds. It is not for anything fancy. But even what I consider fairly standard sized coils won't fit either. Small coils are the order of the day for this little dude.

Overall, this is so far my favourite squonking RDA. I'd still say the aeronaut is the best RDA I have, but the Mulciber is my go to atty for squonking now, due to its compact size. It's little but it packs one hell of a flavourful punch! And for £30, it's not much of a gamble if it turns out it isn't for you.

As encouraged by @KeithM (thank you btw for answering my questions on this RDA prior to purchase), here are my initial thoughts on this little RDA.

I am relatively new to dripping, having made the switch from tanks about 6 months ago, and I'm even newer to squonking, starting about a month back. In that time, this mulciber counts as my 5th RDA and the 3rd in my arsenal that is squonk ready. Despite my lack of experience, relative to many other posters on this fine forum, I am comfortable in saying that this is thus far my favourite squonking RDA. Here is a quick run through of my pros and cons. This only arrived this morning and I've been using it nonstop since it dropped through the letter box at 8am, but already I feel I have a good grasp on this little banger.

Pros
- Flavour. This is a tiny RDA, similar in size to the Freakshow mini (which is terrible btw, avoid!). It is 22mm in diameter, 18mm tall and has a 15mm chamber. The result of all this is that the flavour I'm getting off the single coil is absolutely immense, comparable to the flavour I get off my favourite RDA, the Aeronaut (tbh the Aeronaut probably shades it but that really is a stellar RDA). The airflow is side on and hits directly onto the coil. The tiny chamber and minimal distance between coil and mouth means little flavour is lost as the vapour travels into your mouth and lungs. Superb
- Airflow. You are supplied with two airflow rings, one with a single slot, one with two slots. The slots are thin and wide. This gives plenty of airflow options. I myself like a very restricted DTL vape. This is handily achieved with minimal fuss by the Mulciber.
- Build deck. This was the main reason I bought this RDA. I'm very cackhanded and so prefer to use prebuilt coils. Most single coil squonk-ready RDAs seem to come either with a postless deck (eg Pulse 22) or a Hadaly style deck, meaning these prebuilt coils need to be fiddled with in order to get them in. This inevitably messes with their resistance and results are inconsistent at best. With the mulciber it really is as simple as slip in and go.
- Build quality. As far as I know, this is 100% stainless steel (I got that from Dean the Vaping Biker's review video). It does not feel cheap. Dean in his video says he feels the airflow rings are flimsy in his opinion. I personally don't get that. They are thin, but I have no concerns for them (or any other part of the RDA) breaking any time soon
- Style and design. This is a tiny bugger and for me that is exactly what I want sitting on top of a squonker. I have an unregulated Yiloong Gorilla and a regulated Hotcig RSQ (if anyone is looking for a regulated squonk, buy one, it's great), two very small single 18650 devices. I nearly purchased another aeronaut for these, but that makes the devices far too top heavy. The Mulciber very much fits in line with stealthy, minimalist squonking. The design of the airflow also means that the RDA is practically leak proof. You have to try really hard to over squonk this.

Cons
- Screws. The Mulciber comes with absolutely minuscule screws that require what must be the world's tiniest flathead screwdriver. I do not have one of these. To get enough purchase I had to use the tip of a very sharp kitchen knife (not the safest), and even then it was a pain in the arse. I had to fiddle and fiddle with my build as it kept shorting which I'm convinced was down to the screws not making appropriate contact with the coil leads. This annoying con would have been mitigated by the inclusion of either alternative grub screws that require an Allen key, or said world's tiniest flathead screwdriver. Neither come in the box. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs a slap. I've already ordered replacement grub screws and an Allen key and I cannot wait for them to arrive.
- Drip tip. The Mulciber is made of three parts: top cap, build deck and positive post (held in by the 510 connector). That means the drip tip is part of the top cap. The drip tip is also stainless steel which is a problem. The RDA is only 18mm tall meaning the tip is very very close to the coil. As such it gets really f*cking hot, really f*cking quickly. It is also tiny, meaning I struggle to get my lips round it. It needs to be a smidge taller and made out of anything other than a heat-conducting metal. I have stuck my own drip tip in the top (and it's a good thing that any 510 drip tip will fit snuggly), but I feel this takes away from the overall aesthetic of the thing, making it less pleasing on the eye. My drip tip is nearly as tall as the whole RDA!
- O rings. The top cap is held onto the deck by two O rings and unfortunately these are very thin. It takes no effort at all to remove it, which is good, but it should take a little effort in my view. I appreciate that this is a very difficult thing for manufacturers to get right and at the end of the day I'd rather it be a little loose than too tight (I have to jimmy my Pulse 22's top cap off with a knife every bloody time). So it's not a big deal, but worth mentioning. I haven't yet swapped them over with the spares in the box. Maybe they will be tighter
- Build deck. Yes, this was in the pros list, and I love it, I really do. BUT, the one downside is the posts. The holes in them are tiny. I have a lot of different pre made coils lying around, and many are different types of claptons. None of the claptons fit. No one should expect this RDA to take big builds. It is not for anything fancy. But even what I consider fairly standard sized coils won't fit either. Small coils are the order of the day for this little dude.

Overall, this is so far my favourite squonking RDA. I'd still say the aeronaut is the best RDA I have, but the Mulciber is my go to atty for squonking now, due to its compact size. It's little but it packs one hell of a flavourful punch! And for £30, it's not much of a gamble if it turns out it isn't for you.

Hi mate,

Iv'e just picked up a mulciber, but have yet to coil, and wick it.
Any chance you can post a photo of yours with the single coil ?

Regards badboybez

Hi mate,

Iv'e just picked up a mulciber, but have yet to coil, and wick it.
Any chance you can post a photo of yours with the single coil ?

Regards badboybez

Hi bud,

Here are a few photos. The close ups of the coil are poor quality, but that's also because my phone is poor quality!

Any questions let me know

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69

Pros

Cons

Good review of the mulciber, I should have said before to you, I thought it was more for plain wire builds, but you know what it is, we only think of how we vape an rda.

Another point I cottoned on to today was how smooth the airflow was, cewrtainly is very nice.

Sad to see you didn't like the freakshow mini, it was the first RDA I really liked, I still have two, now not used much, one normal and one squonk converted. The tiny juice well was a pian though.

Good review of the mulciber, I should have said before to you, I thought it was more for plain wire builds, but you know what it is, we only think of how we vape an rda.

Another point I cottoned on to today was how smooth the airflow was, cewrtainly is very nice.

Sad to see you didn't like the freakshow mini, it was the first RDA I really liked, I still have two, now not used much, one normal and one squonk converted. The tiny juice well was a pian though.

The small holes really don't bother me at all. I haven't dripped/squonked enough yet to figure out which type of wire and coil I like the most so not using claptons in the mulciber isn't an issue, particularly because I can use them in my aeronaut. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone was thinking of buying one and they only use thick ass claptons!

You're right about the airflow, it's very smooth, which is quite remarkable when you consider how thin those airflow holes are. Makes my aeronaut sound like a 747 is taking off!

In fairness, the freak show mini was the first RDA I ever bought, which in hindsight was a bad idea as it is definitely NOT for newbies. I then got a Recoil and was like 'shit this is easy as hell', and swiftly threw the freak show mini in the bin. Kinda wish I'd held onto it now so I could go back to it and give it one last shot now I have a bit more experience. But it was like £17 so not a big financial loss.

Great review and deffo second the screws issue... they're tiny !!!

Cheers

Gaz

The small holes really don't bother me at all. I haven't dripped/squonked enough yet to figure out which type of wire and coil I like the most so not using claptons in the mulciber isn't an issue, particularly because I can use them in my aeronaut. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone was thinking of buying one and they only use thick ass claptons!

You're right about the airflow, it's very smooth, which is quite remarkable when you consider how thin those airflow holes are. Makes my aeronaut sound like a 747 is taking off!

In fairness, the freak show mini was the first RDA I ever bought, which in hindsight was a bad idea as it is definitely NOT for newbies. I then got a Recoil and was like 'shit this is easy as hell', and swiftly threw the freak show mini in the bin. Kinda wish I'd held onto it now so I could go back to it and give it one last shot now I have a bit more experience. But it was like £17 so not a big financial loss.

I've seen freakshow minis going for about a fiver in sales, but to be honest best put that money to something newer.

I quite like plain flatwire, it just seems to work for me, something to consider. As yet I haven't tried it in the mulciber.

I've got a new liking for mine, after rearranging the coil. I found that extending the coil so it's closer to the air hole, and lowering it so the air hits the lower half of the coil gives a really nice flavour, decent vapour too.
IMAG1110.jpg
IMAG1109.jpg

Hex screws arrived in the post today and as suspected it has made building on the Mulciber a much easier and more enjoyable process. Thanks again to @KeithM for pointing me in the right direction.

I also echo @tootingyoda's point about moving the coil as close as possible to the airflow and slightly away from the squonk pin gives a great flavour

Back
Top Bottom