What's new

The clone question again I'm afraid.

I suppose sometimes I've noticed a few improvements on clones. I remember posting not long after last year's vapefest that I was sitting in my local vape shop trying some new premium labs flavours they'd got in and I'd just picked up the sxk rose v3 and happend to sit next to a gent who had been to vapefest to buy his rose v3. So being big kids we stripped them down. No visual difference but some elements of the genuine felt superior but the juice control ring was the kicker. We where both amused that Eden had got themselves into a dead end that sxk had perfectly fixed with an o'ring.
But that's part of the charm of an individually designed and made item. You love it for its brilliance and faults. That rta is also undeniably eden mods, you could pick it out of a line up in seconds. A beautifull thing.
The mucliber owners are starting to get deck rust that the clones don't have.
But without the idea, design which is only possible with a genius insight into vaping we would have very little.
The Chinese workshops are superb at manufacturing any design but very few design their own gear. It's good to see H cigar and sxk making their own mods and tanks. They are learning through duff designs that it takes a lot of work to get to a good tank as sxk have with the corolla or hcigar have with the maze rda.

I bought an Aeronaut V1 and liked it, The V2 squonks and is bigger so on my wish list it went. Saw a V2 clone much cheaper and could see just by photos the finish was not as good but bought it and squonked on it and it reinforced the authentic V2 on my wish list and now I just bought an authentic V2. Admittedly, it was for a bargain price in the classies but just means I got one sooner rather than later.
I have a Death Wish 30mm squonker which I love and seems they may bring out a 24mm version so I bought a 24mm clone just to size it up and how the deck might be etc. Not keen on it so won't buy an authentic.
Have a few clone Hadalys and would consider buying an authentic and have bought authentic accessories which fit perfectly on the clones.
Just a few real life examples of how clones can be used to assess an atty which may or may not suit one's vaping style.

The 'clone' thing for me always goes back to stealing the branding, the name, etc.

It's just so unnecessary, if they want to copy the deck design, dimensions, airflow style, whatever ... then fine, there's only a limited amount of ways to design an atomiser and many many companies 'borrow' design ideas that work from existing designs ... just give it a sightly original look, change the knurling pattern or something, improve the look or materials, call it something else and use your own packaging and everyone would be happy.... even if it borrows very heavily from an existing design.

I totally get the I can't afford it argument.... I also get that some products are difficult to get hold of giving us punters no choice but to go down the clone route. The other points you raise I'm not so sure about m8.

Lot's of cheap authentic gear about look at vandy vapes pulse rda, pico squeeze and many more.

Like @Huggett I'm not really interested in a "are clones good for the vaping industry" which I have nothing to do with by the way and just a vaper but I do disagree.

The "Test" sample doesn't wash with me either for instance I bought a nextasis clone a while back and it was rubbish did it make me feel like buying the authentic errrm no.
I recently tried a friends authentic nextasis and it was fantastic.

All in all it's a personal choice POTV have a policy which allows us to talk about / sell and even promote clones and I'm not knocking that... I've made my choice and at the end of the day what you do with your cash is also your choice m8.

cheers

Gaz

I tend to agree with you, but then again, authentic means quality in 99%. Unfortunately, i've heard bad reviews (pics and proofs included ofc). A man bought an authentic Goon from local dealer. As far as i remember correctly, his plates became ruined with rust and manufacturer denied in money return/device replacement and it all went social and public. (Just an example that authentic ones doesn't work out all that good also)

I get the idea about the authentic China gadgets, they are good (don't get me wrong - Pulse etc) but sometimes you cannot have that experience (for example, with Velocity airflow options or Kennedy bottom airflow where is no need in adjusting every goddamn time where you drip) you can have in clones. Let me try to provide an example - nowadays you can find shittons of mechmods with AV button lock mechanism - both authentic and clones but i haven't seen Aeronaut-like design ideas, only clones. Authentic RTAs are really great in China btw, i cannot beat that

Also, about all that sample and "test" theme. I've had 13 heavens 9 hells clone and it was not good. Like, at all. Barely some finishing, metal pieces in airflows etc etc. But i liked the design, easy usage and i will definitely order an authentic one)

I can provide a good con to clones - you need to know what you vape and what you hold in your hands - it's not for beginners with mechanical mods - peek insulators, possible short because of bad machining... Overall, authentic must be the right way. But sometimes other options and different factors don't let you buy 100 £ copper tube.

In the end, it's all preferance for flavourful clouds either MTL or DL so it's personal choise and ofc i am not huge authentic or clone fan - i buy what i can and what i want. I have some authentic and some clone gear - everyone have pros and cons

The 'clone' thing for me always goes back to stealing the branding, the name, etc.

It's just so unnecessary, if they want to copy the deck design, dimensions, airflow style, whatever ... then fine, there's only a limited amount of ways to design an atomiser and many many companies 'borrow' design ideas that work from existing designs ... just give it a sightly original look, change the knurling pattern or something, improve the look or materials, call it something else and use your own packaging and everyone would be happy.... even if it borrows very heavily from an existing design.

As i've said in the last message, this is really the only way working it all out. I want build / deck design, i want airflow style but i don't want authentic logo on top. In my example, you can get get AV-like mechmods but you cannot find Kennedy-type bell system - you need to adjust its airflow every time or smth similar to Aeronaut design

Well as normal we've circled and all come out at where we began. I do still love my strike/squeeze combo though. Clone, non clone I couldn't give a monkey's chunky. Filled with manabush nanabhozo vaping doesn't get any better for me and ultimately that's all that matters.

Well as normal we've circled and all come out at where we began. I do still love my strike/squeeze combo though. Clone, non clone I couldn't give a monkey's chunky. Filled with manabush nanabhozo vaping doesn't get any better for me and ultimately that's all that matters.

It's all about that strawberry cheesecake, am i right? *deep breathing before going onto flavour wars*
Joke, just to keep this thread going. You are definitely right, MTL or DL, everything goes besides dry wicks =)

Clone/authentic is, for me, a mute debate.
So long as it produces enough vapour and delivers nicotine, Im happy.

I often go to see a local "Smiths" covers band as I look after the guitars. I have a great time. The music is always awesome and always leave happy. Would I prefer it was the real band. Hell yes. But that ain't going to happen. Does it diminish a night of good music. Not at all.

Possibly something to look out for when buying clones......
This arrived in the post today, had to file off a little from the post to maintain separation but I think it's destined for the bin.
20170814_184456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom