What's new

The clone question again I'm afraid.

Getting back to the original post, I don't think the guy was necessarily a snob.

He probably just wanted to show off his vape knowledge, and bored with the stream of people looking for starter kits saw an opportunity to strike up a conversation with someone more knowledgeable.

I would certainly have taken the bait and would have spent the next half hour trying to convince him the Squeeze is a better mod than a Frankie.
As you know I'm pretty diplomatic up to a point and would have chatted had I had the time but I already had mrs kid and the grandchildren waiting outside and felt that wasn't overly appropriate. But his method of starting a debate ultimately lost him his sale as I wasn't needing the juice, I just fancied it .
I have no issue with those who won't touch a clone and would have easily convinced him that the squeeze is the best functioning mech squonk available due to the fact it is. Some are prettier, some amaller and most more expensive but for £15-25 wherever you buy it it can't be beat by any device under four times the price.

As an added note. I'm currently enjoying some pf vapes Eton mess in the devil. Anyone know if it's a clone or genuine. Such are things these days I actually don't know if this is a clone of a more expensive rda or a Chinese design. What I do know is it's bloody good and feels like your vaping a robusto cigar.

As an added note. I'm currently enjoying some pf vapes Eton mess in the devil. Anyone know if it's a clone or genuine. Such are things these days I actually don't know if this is a clone of a more expensive rda or a Chinese design. What I do know is it's bloody good and feels like your vaping a robusto cigar.

It's a clone of a Phillipino RDA bud. The authentic is a £110 jobbie.

Got one coming myself tomorrow [emoji51]

It's a clone of a Phillipino RDA bud. The authentic is a £110 jobbie.

Got one coming myself tomorrow [emoji51]
Thanks bud. Thought you would know. Hope you like it. I am well impressed.
Just to add to anyone looking. This is a big dual coil relative high wattage beast. Kennedy trickster style airflow but squat like a goon. Biggest drip tip ever too.
But damn it's tasty.

Thanks bud. Thought you would know. Hope you like it. I am well impressed.
Just to add to anyone looking. This is a big dual coil relative high wattage beast. Kennedy trickster style airflow but squat like a goon. Biggest drip tip ever too.
But damn it's tasty.

I like a nice wide tip in my mouth.
IMG_1544.JPG

Getting back to the original post, I don't think the guy was necessarily a snob.

He probably just wanted to show off his vape knowledge, and bored with the stream of people looking for starter kits saw an opportunity to strike up a conversation with someone more knowledgeable.

I would certainly have taken the bait and would have spent the next half hour trying to convince him the Squeeze is a better mod than a Frankie.

"Bit of a waste using a mad monkey rda on a crappy squeeze".

you don't think that's snobby?

that's how I would take it from a stranger...

Id like to point out by the way

Im not actually anti-clone, or in fact pro-clone (tho I have an aversion to full on counterfeiting, "in the style of" and called something else doesn't bother me too much)

I dont really care, people use what people want to use (although I do have a tendency to point at laugh at @Nanook if his fire buttons fall off on him)

I do quite like the idea, of people trying before they buy more expensive kit via clones - my only concern being it may lead someone to have a bad opinion of an otherwise good piece of kit if the clone is shite.

In point of fact - there are so many really good cheap Mass produced atties these days (nautilus 2 for MTL for instance) - the "I can't afford originals!" is kinda moot these days .. there is a load of very good affordable kit that is in no way cloned.

Last edited:
"Bit of a waste using a mad monkey rda on a crappy squeeze".

you don't think that's snobby?

that's how I would take it from a stranger...

Not necessarily, probably because it's exactly the sort of thing I would say.:grin2:

In point of fact - there are so many really good cheap Mass produced atties these days (nautilus 2 for MTL for instance) - the "I can't afford originals!" is kinda smooth these days .. there is a load of very good affordable kit that is in no way cloned.

Whilst I agree with this point in general, can you point me in the direction of a good affordable available mass produced MTL RTA please? Most of my clones (DoggyStyle, Skyline) are filling a void in the market, as far as I can tell. The same could be said for the Hadaly...

Not necessarily, probably because it's exactly the sort of thing I would say.:grin2:

No, not necessarily I suppose, maybe he's had bad experience with the squeeze and doesn't like it for that reason, not just because it's low cost and Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom