What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Basium - Thoughts ?

My Basium bit the dust today - noticed recently it wasn't reading resistance correctly, it was out anywhere between 0.05 to 0.1 depending on atty. Today I put an atty on that should read 0.18ish and it was jumping all over the place everytime I fired it, reading as high as 0.56! Then it stopped recognising the atty and gave check atomiser, tried it on another mod and all fine? Tried all my atties and it now won't read any of them :(

Contacted Evolution Vaping whom I purchased it from on their chat function and they got back to me immediately, they sent me a returns form and if they can't fix it will give me a new one or refund my purchase! Brilliant service from them. I'll post it back tomorrow and see how it goes, real pity as it has been pretty bomb proof until now.

I had The Rage, then won a Basium and Drop in a competition. Comparing the two, I think the Rage just pips it but not by much. I love the bottle carrier and the light weight of the Basium but it just feels a little too square in my hand. The Rage is just that bit more comfortable.

44843877_10156723568734265_1229182677626650624_n.jpg

Any other long (ish) term reviews of the Basium? I'm looking to buy one, second hand, as a cheap n' cheerful out and about beater (not cheap if they bugger up easily!) I'm using a VT inbox at present (I've got 4 at the minute) and they are reliable and robust, just looking for a Dual 18650 Squonker, for the extra battery life

Any other long (ish) term reviews of the Basium?

Mine's still ticking along nicely mate, it hasn't marked up, no leaks, performs flawlessly.

The one thing I would say is the dimensions of the thing don't lend themselves to being trouser pocket friendly, she's a little blocky for that.

Otherwise, cracking piece of kit :)

Any other long (ish) term reviews of the Basium? I'm looking to buy one, second hand, as a cheap n' cheerful out and about beater (not cheap if they bugger up easily!) I'm using a VT inbox at present (I've got 4 at the minute) and they are reliable and robust, just looking for a Dual 18650 Squonker, for the extra battery life
I don't have a Basium mate but I've ordered a Nikola Niagara for exactly the same reason. It's also much smaller than the Basium. There is a review on it somewhere in the review section on here. Seems to be just what I'm after and was only something like £25 from Ali express.

After nearly a year of abuse, mine is still working great, yes the paint is not entirely all there but other than that, all good.

Yes it requires bigger hands and really is a right handed mod, although I can use it left-handed too.

Thanks for the feedback all. I'm not too bothered about how paintwork holds up, more about chip reliability and leaking and performance.

As I posted above, I had to return mine after it stopped recognising there was an atty attached, up until then it had been pretty darn good although I had to dry out the squonk bottle section periodically as it would weep slightly - powerful and great battery life though.

My replacement arrived with a tiny dent right next to the fire button that I knew would annoy the fuck out of me, so I returned it and bought a Rage instead. I sold that after 10 minutes of using it due to a wobbly battery door :/

Back
Top Bottom