What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Basium - Thoughts ?

That was direct from Kennedy, put in my post code etc and it came up $25.95 via USPS - I'll try again as they are doing coloured 25mm's for $67 which is a bargain, but if you get whacked with customs and handling on top you'd be just as well buying a 25mm in the UK for £80? https://www.custom-vapes.co.uk/product/kennedy-25mm-2-post-rda-by-kennedy-vapor/

Weird

5ae277322af99b662ec1130aa582801a.png

Yeah youd be better off buying in the uk with all the duty and customs

Waiting for Mrs Rawhead's backdated pay rise to land, then i'm thinking a green basium with a gold recurve on top.

Got my hands on mine about an hour ago, first impressions are of a quality, well designed product that works really well - very little learning curve as the board is so simple to use and the squonk system is genius if a little fiddly getting the bottle on to the carrier, I expect that to get get better as I get used to it but I'll probably order a squonk refill bottle for it. Power output seems about right too comparing it to a dna 200 device :)

Excuse the nick of the Kennedy, I planned on having it super shiny but left my brasso at the caravan, doh!
IMG_20180711_101918150.jpeg

Got mine today too, Mrs Rawhead let me put in a cheeky order. Agree with @stevoknevo , well built with a satisfying weight in the hand. Great finish, good battery door loving the cassette system for the bottle. Powers up lightning fast, hits well with no discernable lag. Size-wise she's great - took some size comparison pics against a Pulse mech squonk :

basium_size_side.jpg

basium_size_top.jpg

And finally a glamour shot with her pretty little bonnet on :)
basium_hat.jpg

I watched Vaping Bikers video about the new 2ml squonk bottle enforcement and he's having to work around the issue by supplying either no bottle or a 2ml bottle so in future you will have to source the bottle separately, fortunately the bottle carriage design gives you more options of different bottles so that's a plus.

I watched Vaping Bikers video about the new 2ml squonk bottle enforcement and he's having to work around the issue by supplying either no bottle or a 2ml bottle so in future you will have to source the bottle separately, fortunately the bottle carriage design gives you more options of different bottles so that's a plus.

Aye, the carriage system for the bottle has turned into a real plus - and the fact that you get a spare in the box too is great.

So far, very impressed, battery life is frankly superb, on my second fill and it's 2 bars off full battery, around 75% charge left!
Comfortable in the hand, either hand and the build quality is very good, bottle carrier works so well I can see it being ripped off [emoji15] so simple an idea but so effective.

Worth every penny. [emoji106][emoji106]
IMG_20180709_191725_611.jpeg

Found the brasso in my bag, much better on the copper Kennedy but the 25mm looks better on the Basium - but the 25mm goes on another mod for matchy, matchy, going to have to buy another atty for the Basium methinks.
IMG_20180711_135108303.jpeg
IMG_20180711_135025726.jpeg

Found the brasso in my bag, much better on the copper Kennedy but the 25mm looks better on the Basium - but the 25mm goes on another mod for matchy, matchy, going to have to buy another atty for the Basium methinks.

I bought a gold Recurve just to dress up my Basium - she's so pretty :giverose:

basium_hat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom