What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Squonk RDA mail

ChrisS

Postman
Yesterday I received a Vapefly Holic, a SXK NarEa and a YFTK L'Hypersonic from FT. I have spent last night and this morning playing around with them and I'm well chuffed with all of them. They haven't featured much on this forum so I thought I'd post my impressions.

SXK NarEa - I watched Todd's review a few weeks ago where he compared it in detail with the NarCa and NarDa. I don't have either of these RDAs so it didn't make much sense to me. Anyway I threw in a coil (26AWG Kanthal, 7 wraps. 0.3mm ID. 0.9ohms). The only tricky bit is getting the leads under the tiny grub screws. The method I used was to slide one lead in and push the coil up against that same post, then cut the second lead so that it just touches the second post, slide it in under the grub screw, centre the coil on the guide slots, tighten the screws and do a final cut on the leads. Wicking is very straight forward. The airflow wide open is very similar to the Venna wide open and is just right for me. The supplied drip tip, as usual for me, is too small and hot, but it's a standard 510 and my other drip tips fit. Despite my best efforts I haven't oversquonked it yet. The flavour is also as good as the Venna, maybe even a bit better - time will tell. A definite hit and I'm very pleased with it!

YFTK L'Hypersonic - I got this because it's like no other RDA iand I really like the Supersonic from the same design stable. If you want to see how bonkers it is you should look at Todd's review.. Getting the coil height right is guesswork. You have to put it on the deck and tighten the grub screws enough to grip the coil, slide the ultem section on and look to see whether it is centred. If it's not slide off the ultem and try again. I should go back to the reviews and see if there is a trick to this.The grub screws are wire slicing sharp - well it is a clone - so I have to be careful not to over-tighten. Wicking is easy and the juice well is like an RDTA so I can't see how you can oversquonk this. Airflow full open is a tad tighter than the Venna and it is difficult to see the setting - you are peering at pinholes in the ultem block. The drip tip is too small and hot for me but it is a standard 510. Having said all this, I love the flavour, and despite its eccentricities I think this will be in regular use. (p.s. Todd in his review ranted on about it needing juice channels in the ultem block - I have had no problems and can't see the need)

Vapefly Holic - Not much to say about this - it's great! Very easy to build and the flavour is superb. For me the airflow is a little tight, but I think true MTL fiends will love it.

And here we have from left to right, the Holic, L'Hypersonic and the NarEa.

IMG_20190427_133207.jpg

have just got the vapefly holic and I just can't seem to get much flavour from it, love the design but just not finding it good for flavour, have tried the stock coil and now just put a .5 in but still the same very muted flavour.

Last edited:
have just got the vapefly holic and I just can't seem to get much flavour from it, love the design but just not finding it good for flavour, have tried the stock coil and now just put a .5 in but still the same very muted flavour.
I find it works very well with bright flavours such as fruits. I also have the airflow wide open.

I find it works very well with bright flavours such as fruits. I also have the airflow wide open.
This for me is a tight airflow rda and I usually build at around 1ohm for them

Back
Top Bottom