What's new

Squonk & Combo RDTA Kit

Mike Greensmith

Postman
Good Afternoon All!

Happily vaping for a few years now! Ridden the various waves and currently very pleased with my old school Alien Mod coupled with Ijoy's Combo RDTA. Have become a competent wicker/coil builder which I must admit is mostly in thanks to the lovely people of POTV and the wealth of knowledge. So thanks everyone for helping me along the tricky road!

Needless to say, Squonking has caught my eye for a while now and in researching a few options I've identified the Asmodus Luna as a good potential, and I'd like to plonk an Ijoy Combo RDTA on there. I had the Asmodus minikin in the past which was a great box, and the Ijoy RDTA has just been brilliant from day one for me.

Trouble is I'm finding it tricky to find where I can actually source the Ijoy combo RDTA and am wondering if it may have been discontinued. Has anyone seen where I can get my hands on one? Or if it has been discontinued is there an alternative that I'm not considering that I've overlooked? Cheers for any help in advance guys and keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Mikey

I've got the Limitless pluse. Its a nice atty but shares dna with a sieve, somewhere along the line.
It has clouds and flavour, but neither is spectacular. The enormous wicking tails are a restriction. But you learn to get round that.
Can I suggest you look at the Vardy Vape Pyro 2? it's a squank compatible rta or rdta with bags of cloud and flavour. Its totally leak proof and, unlike the Limitless, the wicking tails are the same length as any RDA.

Guys once again thanks for all your thoughts and helpful suggestions.

I bought the Vandy Vape Pyro V2 when I was trying the RDTA's out as they best suit my vape style, so I'm thinking I'll give this a whirl as a squonkable RDTA first before commiting to maybe the Wotofo/Combo. That's a great review Vapaneezer, thanks for linking that in your post!

So I guess I should go ahead and crack the wallet open and hunt for the best price on the Asmodus Luna, not cheap at £70ish but I've always felt you get what you pay for with Asmodus. Unless of course anyone is aware of a product gapingly more obvious at that price point.

Although come to think of it I'm swaying towards the Pico Squeeze in your above review Vapaneezer, coupled with the Pyro it looks pretty small and tidy and could be my perfect "going out and about" combo. I had thought about a Nord or otherwise but having tried a couple of friend's I just wasn't getting the hit I really sought after.

Once again guys, thanks for all the help! I think until I really want to push the boat out or a massively standout squonkable RDTA comes out I'm going to give the Pico Squeeze a whirl with my Pyro and see how I get on. Cheers all and hope you've had a great week!

Mikey

I love my Pico Squeeze 2's but the battery life isn't an all dayer especially with a dual coil build, I reviewed it when it came out so you might find this useful:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...af-pico-squeeze-2-coral-v2-kit-review.164732/

As a first Squonker the Asmodus Luna wouldn't be my first choice, it's great looking but little else going for it, for that price you could get a Topside Dual (or Single but the single looks silly tall with an RDTA on it) dual battery squonkers are a better for out and about, the most pocket friendly that's yet to be beaten is the Nikola Niagara (I also reviewed that if you do a search), the battery life is superb and looks tailor made for RDTA's:

Better still you can pick one up dirt cheap on Aliexpress (around 30 notes).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

LH6A0180.jpg

Thanks again Vapaneezer, I had actually read your review on the Nikola Niagara. That was an option that I'd been looking for but I've been hunting on Aliexpress for a week or so and I think they're gone! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a total Aliexpress newbie.

Either way once I've made a decision I'll pop a quick note in here as to what results I get and go from there. Thanks again all,

I've been hunting on Aliexpress for a week or so and I think they're gone!
Bugger you're right, they have vanished!

There's a UK seller but over 50 quid (which is cheaper than I paid for my first one),
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/nikola-niagara-squonk-200w-kit

It's a shame, but do I think it's worth the price in the current market? yes I would still buy it, it's my most used out and about squonker, it's so pocket friendly, the Dovpo Topside Dual is a bit extra and a far better mod it's just a bit too big and cumbersome when I've taken mine out.

Back to the Pico Squeeze 2, the other option is get a spare 21700 battery or 2 to take out with you.

Morning Vapaneezer!

Pico Squeeze 2 arrived today, I'll hook it up to the Vandy Vape this week and see how we get on! As it's just for out and about (smaller than my leisurely vape, and leak free!) I should be ok just using 1 battery.

Just wanted to say thanks again for everyones thoughts and adivce. Much appreciated!

Mikey

Did you get a 21700 battery with it? a 20700 will do at a push but an 18650 is near useless in it, since this post I've popped a Recurve single coil RDA 0.4 ohms Ni80 on mine and it's lasting me most of the day with a 21700.

It's a great little mod and hopefully you will love it as much as I do :)

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom