What's new

Squonk Check

That's all I'd want, mech. Keep the curves & maybe side fire & loose the mosfet (or whatever they use). Keep it simple as long as contacts are accessible for cleaning.
Exactly [emoji106] I wish Stu could make me something like that too, would look smart.

Exactly [emoji106] I wish Stu could make me something like that too, would look smart.
Shapewise would imagine it's doable. Never seen him do a pure mech though & 21700 tubes are long with the solder contacts needing room. And can see servicing being an issue being a solid block. If a clickfet isn't an issue, send him a Hali & ask him to use that as a template :)2

Nowhere near as high end as some pics on here, but it does it for me. Pico squeeze 2 with a hussar 2.0 clone

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_181702.jpg
    IMG_20200511_181702.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
Nice mod :)2
Keeping an eye on Nova (ex Halitus) to see what they come up with next. The 75C concept looked interesting but would like to see a 21700 mech with the same lines.
I imagine the price of it will be huge. It looks nice but I'm gonna wait a while this time and not jump straight in.

I imagine the price of it will be huge. It looks nice but I'm gonna wait a while this time and not jump straight in.
Maybe but unlikely they'll sell. No disrespect to them, they're not an established mod builder exactly sought after. Make them affordable & they'll sell, no need for waffles.

Maybe but unlikely they'll sell. No disrespect to them, they're not an established mod builder exactly sought after. Make them affordable & they'll sell, no need for waffles.
Yeah, I know what you mean but their other offerings were quite expensive for what they were. I have a feeling they believe themselves to be 'high end'. It's not bad kit, just a bit pricey imo.

Yeah, I know what you mean but their other offerings were quite expensive for what they were. I have a feeling they believe themselves to be 'high end'. It's not bad kit, just a bit pricey imo.
It's decent but I wouldn't put above the likes of Runt or Ryan when he made mods & they weren't eye watering prices. If high end is produce very limited numbers to justify a high price then I'm not rushing. Runts were released in small batches but the prices weren't over inflated & inside the group the second hand price is kept below retail. Although I believe the Transparunt could cost a few organs, if they ever get sold on :D.

Shapewise would imagine it's doable. Never seen him do a pure mech though & 21700 tubes are long with the solder contacts needing room. And can see servicing being an issue being a solid block. If a clickfet isn't an issue, send him a Hali & ask him to use that as a template :)2
This is the one thing I've been struggling with trying to design a mech similar to the Hali, so I'd probably have to resign myself to it being a fet anyway. I get the feeling Stu doesn't want to copy someone else's design, which is understandable.

This is the one thing I've been struggling with trying to design a mech similar to the Hali, so I'd probably have to resign myself to it being a fet anyway. I get the feeling Stu doesn't want to copy someone else's design, which is understandable.
There's only so many variations of a mod shape though. Square is square, tube is tube etc. The 21700 mods he does at the moment aren't disimilar in shape to an Odin or Triade. If it's a representation it's not a copy in my eyes. A Hali is just a cheap Gloom & very similar to a TMB.

No elegance here but a few quid spent at MM and I now have a silvered out 20700 mech squonk. And boy does it hit? I'm very pleased with this for a first attempt [emoji16]
20200512_095809.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom