What's new

Specific RDA's for squonking?

tasteslikefire

Postman
Hey folks,

I'm basically a complete newb to squonking but I know I want to get into it. Dripping is getting kind of meh. I know I'll need a new mod for it and I've started looking. What I don't know is if I'll need a specific type of RDA or if I need to adapt the one's I have and if so the best way to do it (logic says I'll need to do something as I can't see a way to get juice into the RDA as it stands). If I could get a run down of the process it would be really useful.

Cheers

There are specific attys or most attys can be converted- some easily some less so - unfortunately there's no one size fits all solution though does depend on the attys you have

Basically, there needs to be a hole in the 510 pin in your rda. Some come with bf pins installed or as a spare in the kit. Some other's can be adapted with a bit of jiggery pokery.
List your rda's you like most and someone will be able to tell you if they can be converted.

There are specific attys or most attys can be converted- some easily some less so - unfortunately there's no one size fits all solution though does depend on the attys you have

Thanks. That's kind of what I was expecting. Hopefully I won't need to buy a new one but we'll see.

Basically, there needs to be a hole in the 510 pin in your rda. Some come with bf pins installed or as a spare in the kit. Some other's can be adapted with a bit of jiggery pokery.
List your rda's you like most and someone will be able to tell you if they can be converted.

Currently I'm using the Freakshow Mini and Doge V3 RDA's. I just had a look on Stealthvape and noticed the 22mm 510 squonk adapters so I'm guessing something like that is what I need (if they will actually work)

Not the easiest RDA's to convert you have there! Probably easier to just get something like a halady or goon clone from FT, just make sure you get the one's with a bf pin, both can be had for around £5 each on FT or GB

Get a Peerless rda - squonk ready, surprisingly good vape, easy deck to build on, cheap.

Cheers folks. It does sound like a seperate 'ecosystem'. Probably better to think of it as one rather than go down the square peg/round hole route. I've had one eye on a Hadaly for regular dripping so that's handy (didn't register it was a squonker) and I'll check out the goon/peerless and see how they compare.

Cheers folks. It does sound like a seperate 'ecosystem'. Probably better to think of it as one rather than go down the square peg/round hole route. I've had one eye on a Hadaly for regular dripping so that's handy (didn't register it was a squonker) and I'll check out the goon/peerless and see how they compare.
I can vouch for the SXK Hadaly clone, lovely little single coil dripper - Do be careful of "Oversquonking" though - Basically squeezing too much juice in so that it dribbles out of the air holes - you get the hang quick enough though...

You will love it mate. It was a revelation to me. Couldn't be bothered with the faff of dripping at all but squonking is incredibly flexible and more rda' s and devices are arriving daily.

Check out the Vandy Vape Pulse, great little single coil attie, comes with the squonk pin installed (you can convert it back to a regular rda if you need) and the airflow makes it almost impossible to over squonk.

The Skywalker is worth a look too, skill deck is easy to work on, squonk pin included - and it's crazy cheap from FastTech.

Back
Top Bottom