What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Replacement bottle for topside

memzey

Postman
Hi apes.

I’m looking for some replacement bottles for my topside dual. Not the whole carriage, just the squishy tube part. Ideally made of something that flavours don’t stick to like limpets on heat, unlike the standard ones. Does anyone know of a supplier?

Hi apes.

I’m looking for some replacement bottles for my topside dual. Not the whole carriage, just the squishy tube part. Ideally made of something that flavours don’t stick to like limpets on heat, unlike the standard ones. Does anyone know of a supplier?
The bottle is propriety and I've only ever seen the carriage complete as a spare, so far I've yet to find any silicone bottles that don't stain and I've failed miserably trying to clean them, I resorted to trying bleach as an experiment on one I was going to bin, cleaned it up a bit but fucked up its finish so it carried on its journey to the bin.

I would be interested if anyone has a solution.

So does that mean you are limited to one flavour or flavour profile per bottle and you can’t get the silicone inserts without the rest of the carriage (which costs over a tenner)? Fuck me that’s epically shit. Enough to cast a serious shadow over what is an otherwise excellent product.

I understand why they give you a spare bottle in the box now. I though it was quite generous at first. Seems cynical now.

Only cosmetically, a clean with Milton gets rid of any flavour in the bottle, this is common on all silicone bottles to be fair, something I've gotten used to though with some mods you get the option of spare silicone only spare bottles.

My higher end Therion's suffered the same issue but I managed to find a third party bottle to almost fit it.

Only cosmetically, a clean with Milton gets rid of any flavour in the bottle, this is common on all silicone bottles to be fair, something I've gotten used to though with some mods you get the option of spare silicone only spare bottles.

My higher end Therion's suffered the same issue but I managed to find a third party bottle to almost fit it.
Hi Scrooge - I didn’t quite get what you meant by “cosmetically”; are you saying that Milton will clear out the flavours from the silicone bottles? I’m not really bothered by how they look. I am rather more concerned by the fact that, even after a thorough clean, my peaches and ice cream juice still tasted like the coffee and butterscotch I had in there before!

Yeah I had the same experience and that's why I ended up trying Milton, a small amount of Milton in hot water clears out the flavour from my silicone bottles, at a push you can make out the old juice scent but it doesn't effect the the new liquid, some juices are more stubborn than others, such as coffee & butterscotch or menthol but I've yet to find one I couldn't clean, my Therion bottles look stained but doesn't effect the flavour.

I even salvaged an old Pulse bottle where I had left coffee juice in it for over 6 months.

Worth a try, hopefully it works for you too.

Good stuff @Vapaneezer Scrooge . I will give milton a go. Did you leave the bottles to soak in the dilution and how strong and hot was the mix? Hoping I can get this to work as a small bottle of milton is a lot less than half a dozen spare bottles!

Good stuff @Vapaneezer Scrooge . I will give milton a go. Did you leave the bottles to soak in the dilution and how strong and hot was the mix? Hoping I can get this to work as a small bottle of milton is a lot less than half a dozen spare bottles!
I left them to soak for a few hours, you don't need much at all, I do mine in a mixing jugs as there's less waste, I followed the amounts on the instructions at first but you soon know how much to pour in, a 500ml bottle (costed around £3.50 from memory) has lasted me ages, if you can get a smaller bottle that will do.

It's useful for cleaning tanks & pods too.

I rinse and leave mine in hot water afterwards.

Thanks again. Might leave mine in my ultrasonic cleaner for an hour or so to see if that helps as well.

Back
Top Bottom