What's new

Recurve&pulse80

Good choice, I love the coilology Ni80 7 in 1's

Smaller diameter is definitely better in the recurve as it's got quite a restrictive airflow, I found 'beefy' coils didn't do too well, and overheat more.

The fused clapton is one of the ones I use in the recurve.

If you have a coil rod you can rewrap your thicker coils to 2.5 diameter but it's less cotton, still works well though.

The recurve is better for flavour than the current competition but jebus it's a pain to coil these deck mounted coil deals. Smaller roundwire just isn't gonna happen.

Thanks for the coil recommendations. I have went and got the Coilology 7 in 1 Ni80. On my last OE Recurve coil. This is my 1st rebuildable set up. Loving it.

What difference does the internal diameter of the coil make to your vaping experience, ie between 2.5mm & 3mm ID?

hi ive got 3 recurves & like you i had used up all my coils that came with them, i used one of the Coilology 7 in 1 fused claptons, till i found some original wotofo coiks on ebay & aliexpress & they was both the same price, so got 2 packs from ebay, to me they are working fine , no spit back or anything.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wotofo-P...m=253756006014&_trksid=p2045573.c100507.m3226

The recurve is better for flavour than the current competition but jebus it's a pain to coil these deck mounted coil deals. Smaller roundwire just isn't gonna happen.

totaly agree they are fiddly feckers changed one of my coils this evening & even using my specs & magnifying glass stand still took me 10 mins to do.

totaly agree they are fiddly feckers changed one of my coils this evening & even using my specs & magnifying glass stand still took me 10 mins to do.
Yeah it's a lovely thing but it's a bitch to coil. Last night I had to coil the recurve and coil art dpro mini. Both are tremendous in different ways and that coil system obviously works but it still needs refinement in the dpro as it works best with smaller simple coils but thin wire is an absolute bitch to get in, and if you go too big the man the top and vape gets hot.

Yep it’s a pain in the arse to coil sometimes, I picked up the coilytool from NV and it’s easier with this. Got to be honest I hardly use mine, was going to flog it but it looks too good on the Furyan to sell!

95756452-4B67-4A80-8B33-038483E1051F.jpeg

A wee update (hopefully useful to somebody!)
After using up my supplied Recurve coils (2 1/2 months!) Used my 1st Coilology 3mm Fused Clapton and it came out at 0.27ohm... and did not feel quite right at 45W.

Wound an extra wrap and its now at 0.33ohm and at 43W is bloody delicious (Just Jam/ homemade toast n' jam!)

No looking back at stock coilers for me! Thanks for all the help and answering daft questions.

A wee update (hopefully useful to somebody!)
After using up my supplied Recurve coils (2 1/2 months!) Used my 1st Coilology 3mm Fused Clapton and it came out at 0.27ohm... and did not feel quite right at 45W.

Wound an extra wrap and its now at 0.33ohm and at 43W is bloody delicious (Just Jam/ homemade toast n' jam!)

No looking back at stock coilers for me! Thanks for all the help and answering daft questions.

n80 or ss316? atm I have tried ss316 tri core tried 6,5, and 4 wraps is the best with flavour maybe I should of try n80 for better ramp up because I want to vape at 40-45 wattage range. is fused Clapton better then the supplied coils from recurve?

n80 or ss316? atm I have tried ss316 tri core tried 6,5, and 4 wraps is the best with flavour maybe I should of try n80 for better ramp up because I want to vape at 40-45 wattage range. is fused Clapton better then the supplied coils from recurve?

Ni80, from memory the pack of Coilogy coils are all Ni80.

Still too much of a noob to give an opinion on whether they are better than the 3 stockers you get with the Recurve. Bought another RDA (Dead Rabbit SQ) for experimenting with coils and cotton and enabling me to have a daily beater.

Back
Top Bottom