What's new

Recommended 22mm BF RDA?

RaymondoBeyondo

Achiever
So I just recently got my first squonker, which is a VT Inbox.
I'm looking for a perfect RDA to whack on it. I've asked a couple of more experienced squonker on here for their opinion and they have been quite helpful, thanks for that guys, but I thought I would throw it to the old forum think tank too.
I figure anything bigger than a 22 would overhang the bevel on the Inbox so I need something that size.
I like a good airflow on the draw.
I am used to DTL.
I don't like getting a hot spray of burning juice on the tonsils.
Ideally I don't want it to piss juice out the airholes at the slightest movement.
I like a velocity style deck although it's not a deal breaker if it's not.
Single or dual coil is ok although I've never actually built or used a single coil setup. I don't know which is best for a squonk.

So up to now I've been recommended these ones:

Pulse 22
Hadaly clone (might be tight draw)
Wasp Nano

I'd love to know your thoughts and any other suggestions please.

Last edited:
Got the hadaly and wasp and i prefer the wasp if the 2, more airy and more my style. Do want the pulse 22 also as i believe it very good and you can never have enough atties.

I like my Hadaly, it’s easy to build, looks smart, tastes great and does everything I need it to.

I don’t have any experience with the Pulse

I do have the wasp RDTA which has the same deck as the RDA and so far I’m less impressed than I hoped I would be, it’s a bit cheap feeling, a bit spitty and the build deck has weird proportions, you have to build really wide coils with narrow ID’s

Also the way the posts are designed means that it’s basically impossible to close down the airflow beyond a certain point because then the hole falls off the other side of the post. Not really a problem as it’s meant to be used wide open really, but just smacks of lazy design.

Also it is definitely more airy than the Hadaly (not that I’d describe the Hadaly as tight in any way)

pulse 22 or hadaly, pulse for being almost leak proof on a squonk. didnt get on with wasp

I have 2 vt inboxes and have pulse 22's on both of them. Tried both the Wasp and Hadaly and also a couple of other's but settled on the pulse as it gives the type of vape I like.

Pulse 22, i use it on my vt inbox as my at home vape, very impressed with it.

Pulse 22 for me, thats what i had on 3 of the 4 inboxes. actually @RaymondoBeyondo , there was a silver Pulse 22 on the one you have now!

all the inboxes have gone now, to be replaced with 3 Therion 75C BF all with Pulse 22s on. its dead easy to coil and wick, only one wick to have to change and loads of room for fatter coils if thats your thing.

got 2 pulse 24 on the Drones, they are good also but not so roomy with the 2 coils in a marginally larger atty. prefer the 22 personally.

Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to go for a Pulse 22, time to track one down :p
Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm a bit surprised though that nobody suggested another RDA that I didn't mention .

Wasp for me as I don't have the pulse, the wasp RDA is better then the RDTA in my opinion as I have both. I have one on a squeeze.

Back
Top Bottom