Vape Superstore
What's new

Pulse Squonker weak hitting

I've finally found a build that is exactly what I wanted from the squonker and hits like I was expecting it to.

Being new to squonking I knew I'd have to go through a few builds before I got what I wanted, I was so close to blaming the pulse when it was just me needing to find the right build.

So here we are, 21g stainless Flatwire, 6 wraps, or 7 if you count the 2 half wraps of the legs like I do. Absolutely killer flavour and decent vapour production with the bonus of an instant ramp up. Close to my 20700 limit at 28 amps but it's still in and I'm happy with that, I'm not a fire button hog so I know it'll be fine.
IMG-20171127-WA0012.jpeg

Royal Flush Vape
Today I put 22G Kanthal in the Pulse 24, at 0.15 ohm and it's a lot better as well. I like the look of that flat SS build [emoji106]

Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts?

mine were pretty dirty .... this was after just a quick rub with a bit of autosol.

WP_20171128_12_08_17_Pro.jpg

Vape Green
Today I put 22G Kanthal in the Pulse 24, at 0.15 ohm and it's a lot better as well. I like the look of that flat SS build [emoji106]
I guess it is just finding the right build for what you want, everyone is different and that's why I love vaping so much because what I like isn't what other people like. Thanks mate, it's lovely, I'm smashing through my 8ml of juice far too quickly for my liking though
Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts?

mine were pretty dirty .... this was after just a quick rub with a bit of autosol.

View attachment 145440
Yeah I have metal polish and isopropyl and that cleaned them up a right treat, close to a mirror finish on them now!

So I've had a little search through thread and I can't find anything relating to my issue.

Bought a pulse from a guy on approved vapers on Facebook and it just isn't hitting anywhere near what I've seen other people's hitting like. I've tried all manners of wires for my builds but it's pathetic, next to no vapour and no flavour at all.

I've cleaned the contacts thoroughly, checked the safety lock is making good contact and made sure my Peerless is making good contact with the 510 and still nothing. Build I'm running is a dual 24g ss 316L flatwire @ 3.0mm ID, 6 wraps and reading 0.16ohms which is perfectly adequate for the 20700 battery to fire up, but it's got nothing. I've tried kanthal A1 24g parallels, twisted, just a normal macro coil, still nothing.

Is anyone else finding the pulse bf to be very weak compared to other squonks available? My friend's athena is insane, I wanted to have the option of 18650 and 20700s but I'm starting to regret buying it now.

Vape Superstore
So I've had a little search through thread and I can't find anything relating to my issue.

Bought a pulse from a guy on approved vapers on Facebook and it just isn't hitting anywhere near what I've seen other people's hitting like. I've tried all manners of wires for my builds but it's pathetic, next to no vapour and no flavour at all.

I've cleaned the contacts thoroughly, checked the safety lock is making good contact and made sure my Peerless is making good contact with the 510 and still nothing. Build I'm running is a dual 24g ss 316L flatwire @ 3.0mm ID, 6 wraps and reading 0.16ohms which is perfectly adequate for the 20700 battery to fire up, but it's got nothing. I've tried kanthal A1 24g parallels, twisted, just a normal macro coil, still nothing.

Is anyone else finding the pulse bf to be very weak compared to other squonks available? My friend's athena is insane, I wanted to have the option of 18650 and 20700s but I'm starting to regret buying it now.

So I bought the Pulse BF box mod last friday, because, well, i couldnt pass up a $30 squonker, that Tony B helped produce, and Vandy Vape is an amazing company. But when i got home and slapped my Recoil Rebel on top, it hit like a new born baby, with my 18650 in it. I was wondering why, and couldnt find anything that would help me...and now im sitting here looking on Instagram, and i notice someones set up, with the front panel removed, and notice i had the battery inserted totally wrong! Man, i feel like an idiot. The silicon sheath goes on the "positive" side of the battery, with the negative, up, of course, where I had the silicon on the negative side of the battery, therefore causing minimal connection, and a hit worse than the BLU e-cig. So take a look at your battery placement. If that doesnt help, Mech mods arent made for just anyone, and knowing your Ohms, and resistances, as well as proper battery strengths is vital. I run a dual fused clapton, coming to a 0.2ohm reading. I would try and shoot for something in that range, and using a battery that the vape shop recommends for mech mods, and if they dont know that answer, then you shouldnt be shopping there, just saying. a 0.3 ohm or higher, will hit a little softer than something lower. So take a look what youre running, and battery, and hopefully thatll work for you, cause now i cant put this box down. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom