What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pulse Squonker weak hitting

Blokhead981

Postman
So I've had a little search through thread and I can't find anything relating to my issue.

Bought a pulse from a guy on approved vapers on Facebook and it just isn't hitting anywhere near what I've seen other people's hitting like. I've tried all manners of wires for my builds but it's pathetic, next to no vapour and no flavour at all.

I've cleaned the contacts thoroughly, checked the safety lock is making good contact and made sure my Peerless is making good contact with the 510 and still nothing. Build I'm running is a dual 24g ss 316L flatwire @ 3.0mm ID, 6 wraps and reading 0.16ohms which is perfectly adequate for the 20700 battery to fire up, but it's got nothing. I've tried kanthal A1 24g parallels, twisted, just a normal macro coil, still nothing.

Is anyone else finding the pulse bf to be very weak compared to other squonks available? My friend's athena is insane, I wanted to have the option of 18650 and 20700s but I'm starting to regret buying it now.

I keep my builds simple for the pulse...

Simple 24g nichrome parallel at 0.12ohms

Instant ramp, and hits hard

My experience has been very similar to yours, I certainly wouldn't say that its a bad mod as it looks a feels lovely and the overall build is superb for the cash but it is weak. I use a 6 wrap NI80 24AWG at 0.4 and while it does vape ok if I compare it to Geekvape Athena, Hugo Squeezer or Boxer Classic it is nowhere near as powerful with the same RDA/build.

I am sooo gutted they went with this design, If they had made it into a traditional mech squonk like the Athena with silver plated copper contacts and a simple mechanical switch it would have been the bargain of the year, such a damn shame as the casing/panels and 510 are exeptional for the money :(

I keep my builds simple for the pulse...

Simple 24g nichrome parallel at 0.12ohms

Instant ramp, and hits hard

Is that single or dual coil and is that in the pulse 22/24? Maybe it's my Peerless not making a solid connection. I don't know, I'm chucking every idea forward I can think of [emoji58]

My experience has been very similar to yours, I certainly wouldn't say that its a bad mod as it looks a feels lovely and the overall build is superb for the cash but it is weak. I use a 6 wrap NI80 24AWG at 0.4 and while it does vape ok if I compare it to Geekvape Athena, Hugo Squeezer or Boxer Classic it is nowhere near as powerful with the same RDA/build.

I am sooo gutted they went with this design, If they had made it into a traditional mech squonk like the Athena with silver plated copper contacts and a simple mechanical switch it would have been the bargain of the year, such a damn shame as the casing/panels and 510 are exeptional for the money :(

I'm glad it's not just me. I love the feel and shape of it but I just can't get a satisfying vape out of it and I do find it odd that it's better with an 18650 than a 20700.

A few people have mentioned it's the kill switch inside that causes a noticeable voltage drop which is a shame but like you said, silver plated contacts would be much more conductive. I'm taking it to a friend who I consider to be a connoisseur of squonking to see if he can sort it out. He's intrigued because he's not yet tried a pulse bf but he has the athena, an armageddon and several other squonk mods and they all hit hard.

i dont have the pleasure of owning one of these mods, however from the reviews ive seen the kill switch/saftey switch may be your issue.
I have noticed it is supposed to clamp a small tang both front and back when enabled for vaping, is it possible that the switch isnt clamping properly resulting in your lost power.

I would also like to add that i find personally that a sony vtc5A 18650 does appear to hit harder than an Ijoy 27000 (5leg) battery

Last edited:
I'm using single Smut aliens in my Pulse 22's at 0.3ohm & don't have an issue. The Pulse mod doesn't hit quite as hard as my Rockmodz but it's not enough to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom