What's new

Pulse BF mod

2much2young

Postman
So I had mentioned to SWMBO that I wouldn't mind squonk mod as I had bought a couple of RDA's recently but I would wait till after Xmas before I would get 1.
So today there was a delivery & my wife had bought me Pulse bf mod, obviously I was chuffed that she had actually listened to me for once:2thumbsup:

My issue is that I've never used a mech mod before & want to get some advice before I start using it.
So a couple of things, the only batteries I have are Samsung 30Q's so are these suitable or should I pick up a couple of 20700's, if so which 1's are best.

Next thing is that my builds in my RDA's have been .4 so I would be right in thinking that they are high enough builds to be vaping safely.
Any advice would be greatly welcomed

Last edited:
So I had mentioned to SWMBO that I wouldn't mind squonk mod as I had bought a couple of RDA's recently but I would wait till after Xmas before I would get 1.
So today there was a delivery & my wife had bought me Pulse bf mod, obviously I was chuffed that she had actually listened to me for once:2thumbsup:

My issue is that I've never used a mech mod before & want to get some advice before I start using it.
So a couple of things, the only batteries I have are Samsung 30Q's so are these suitable or should I gepick up a couple of 20700's, if so which 1's are best.

Next thing is that my builds in my RDA's have been .4 so I would be right in thinking that they are high enough builds to be vaping safely.

The Pulse was my first ever dabble with a mech mod, while my L plates were still on I stuck above 0.3 Ohms builds.

0.4 Ohms is fine, I aim for 0.3Ohms as my sweet spot, your samsung 30Q's are also fine though they won't hit as hard, I enjoy the hit of the Molicell 30amp 20700 in mine especially for dual coil builds.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/molicel-20700a

This battery was perfection for the Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA too.

Thanks @Vapaneezer Scrooge
I have Hermetic & Mjolnir RDA's, both single coilers, so I just need to change to pin over.
I think it's probably best to wait till I'm sober before I start buggering around with the mod & RDA's:14:

So a couple of things, the only batteries I have are Samsung 30Q's so are these suitable or should I pick up a couple of 20700's, if so which 1's are best.

You never build whilst on a mech. Build your rda whilst it's on a regulated mod or an ohm reader. After you've built it and are happy with your resistance you can transfer it over to your mech. But only after you've checked that the resistance is stable and stays the same with the rda top cap on or off. You have to make sure there is no short and no change in the resistance before putting it on a mechanical mod.

You're better off getting a 20700... https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/sanyo-2070c

Another thing to watch out for is the battery level.

There's nothing apart from you to stop you over discharging the cell and ruining it...

Another vote for the Sanyo 2070C here, cracking cell on a mech. Never too early to brush up on ohms law before trying the BF.

The first thing I did when I got my Pulse was to remove the little swivelling lock arm and pinch it closed with pliers so that it gave a nice, tight contact. Mine came really loose.

Thanks for all the advice
Set up now with cthulhu mjolnir running .4 ohm coil
IMG_20191227_202641_1577478523461.jpg

Back
Top Bottom