Vape Superstore
What's new

mesh coil in the wotofo profile rda

BULLDOG1964

Legend
Hi all ive just got a Profile RDA and have a small problem with the mesh iam using in it everything was fine with it last night but went to use it today and the mesh keeps catching light i just can not understand why its glowing all over when i dry burn it no hot spots its well juiced up and does not matter how low i go with the watts it just catches fire can any one tell me where iam going wrong please never used mesh before so all new to me.
Thank you...

E-liquids.com
Never had this issue with the Profile, only hotspots after rewicking. If you've rewicked that could be the culprit but if not, only thing I can think is the wick has sagged & allowing the juice to flare off. Or excess juice on the mesh but again never had this happen.

Never had this issue with the Profile, only hotspots after rewicking. If you've rewicked that could be the culprit but if not, only thing I can think is the wick has sagged & allowing the juice to flare off. Or excess juice on the mesh but again never had this happen.
Thanks for your reply i will retry it again later to see if the cotton is sagged and causing this problem thanks again...

AcmeFog
That's the problem I had with the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA, it was caused by cotton sagging, I had hoped the spring loaded base would cure that on the Profile.

That's the problem I had with the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA, it was caused by cotton sagging, I had hoped the spring loaded base would cure that on the Profile.

Yeah me too, kind of thought that was the beauty of this RDA!

I remember them mesh dry hits, still too mentally scarred to attempt it again!!

Smoore
When I've rewicked with Muji or any other cotton it's a case of if it feels enough use more. Full muji pad or strip of Cotton Baco/Fuzz seems to do the trick. The spring does help but if there's not enough cotton in to start the weight of the juice counteracts the spring.

Ive just re-wicked it again and its still doing it iam thinking of just giving up on the mesh now and just using my good old faithful fused clapton wire the mesh is just doing my head in .....:banghead:....

Vape Green
Hi @BULLDOG1964 are you using the 6mm Wotofo 6mm x 60mm cotton. Ive got the Profile and find it works very well with that cotton but not so good with different cotton although i haven't had your problem. The 6mm cotton is very dense and very tight through the mesh when wicking. Cheers

Oddly enough, change 1 letter in Profile you have Profire.

I tried about 5 different wicking methods, all worked great but all sagged even my full muji pad and a little extra.

I'm still loving Mesh in Tanks though, the Saber is my latest treat while I wait for another Falcon with mesh.

If you need a win I would treat yourself to a Saber from Ace of Vapes, almost as cheap as the Profile but you get a lot more 'bang' for your buck without the fire dry hit from hell.

https://www.theaceofvapez.com/colle...2ml-tpd-20700-included?variant=12384382976099

POTV gets you 15% off so around £27.20 is a steal, I will be reviewing it this weekend but spoiler alert - LOVING it.

Elux
Hi @BULLDOG1964 are you using the 6mm Wotofo 6mm x 60mm cotton. Ive got the Profile and find it works very well with that cotton but not so good with different cotton although i haven't had your problem. The 6mm cotton is very dense and very tight through the mesh when wicking. Cheers
Thanks mate going to try that i have got some the 1st cotton i put was the one that came with it then tried cotton bacon prime and that caught light as soon as i fired it up going to try the 6mm cotton today to see if thats any better thanks for your reply mate...

Back
Top Bottom