What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Limelight Gloom

Dadaran

Achiever
Do all the Gloom come with Moset and what kind of price are they commanding? Look great are they worth it.

Mosfet comes as an add on m8.

They are saught after and expensive. I think I paid a little over £300 for mines.

The big question is are they worth it????

Well you could buy 20 odd pico squeeze mods for the one gloom. Is it 20 times better than the squeeze... Nope.

They are well made, fit in your hand perfectly. They look and feel the snizzle. It's up to you if you think that it's worth that type of cash on a mech squonker.

I love mines and use it every day and to quote a well known reviewer if I lost it would I buy another one? Yes I personnally would but that's me.

So I can't say if it's worth it or not that dilema is yours and yours only mucker :)

cheers

Gaz

Tis a pretty thing. Should you find one and it's not mosfet you can send it back to limelight for an upgrade. I believe diva is the UK rep and our own Rob can steer you in the right direction too as he is a limelight fan.

Mosfet and the Piezo 510 will be pretty much "The Standard" later in the year I gather as far as The Gloom is concerned. But like so many other things, this is open to some conjecture, so take nothing as read. :)

Been offered a "full mech" ? Is that without Mosfet, sorry to be thick. Stuck at work.....meetings gettng in the way of important stuff

full mech is the mech switch, not the mosfet.

Have a look at Beaumvape's explanation:

https://www.beaumvape.co.uk/product/limelight-mechanics-freehand-gloom/

MECH SWITCH
This is the same original firing mechanism used on all previous Freehand S mods. Pressing the button, the silver plated pin under the Stainless Steel switch plate touches the battery top and conducts the electricity directly to the 510 connector. The switch has a spring like feel when pressing and requires 600g of force to activate meaning it has a nice stiff throw. Like any mechanical device, the switch will require periodical cleaning as arcing between the firing pin and the battery may cause build up and drop in performance of the switch.

MOSFET SWITCH
Pressing the button, you will activate a tactile button under the Stainless Steel switch plate giving a signal to the MOSFET installed inside the mod, which will in turn conduct the high current to the 510 connector. Limelight Mechanics have isntalled top of the range MOSFET’s that can handle over 200A of current without dissipating any heat. The tactile button used is rated at some 300g of activating force. This switch system has virtually zero voltage drop as a result of precise wiring and component positioning it requires no maintenance.

As @eyeball kid mentioned you can get them upgraded from full mech to mosfet at a later date at a cost of £30 I believe.

I have a walnut freehand that's full mech and I personally prefer the mosfet..

cheers

Gaz

Standard Gloom 300 euro, then you have the following options:
Connector type – 22mm catch cup or 24mm flush. Switch type – Straight mech or Tactile/mosfet (+30EUR) . Stainless steel finish – Brushed, Polished, Frosted or Murdered out Black Cerakote (+16EUR). Logo color – Blood red, Pitch Black or Snow White. Polymer 510 Tip /ID 6mm OD 12mm H 10mm/ (+10 EUR)?. 24-22mm Beauty ring (only for 24mm connectors) (+12 eur)

Thanks for your advice guys...managed to locate one that should arrive in a few days. :)

HEADS UP GUYS!!!!! We have only had a "Gloom" Donated to us by Dejan for the Raffle!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom