What's new

Inevitable salix clone released

I’ve found that a longer narrow drip tip works with the two smaller air holes, with the 1.5 I use a cheap ultem one that’s maybe 4mm bore and 7 wide (rough guess)

With the smaller air holes I’ve found it to be very good with the kayfun lite style tips with the rounded top.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I started with 2.5mm 28awg build as I thought my usual 2mm 30awg just looked lost in it. But over time I’ve found that both id’s in both wire gauges work well, usually about 6 wraps. I’m guessing between a few decimals under and over an ohm. It’s always been on a pico squeeze so it functions like bypass mode. I love the simplicity of this setup, no need to know exactly how much power is going through it, because it just always works consistently.

Just grabbed KFL tip. quickly rejected on this airfow. And the 1.
I wrapped round the fat blue screwdriver that fitted the coil bar slot neatly, six wraps nicely spaced between the screws. More good luck than good management that I hit the rough target.
I watched Todds review and he built in the natural position for the build bar in the slot and raised it a little. I did the same and have no complaints. Positioning is particularily easy with this defo one of its strong points.

@John R is sorting me out with screws :woohoo: so I should soon be able to have a proper play without worrying that I will not be able to make a proper conection.

Tip/attie compatability is a very subjective thing, I think. I rarely use the tip that comes with a device but what ends up my preference is mostly trial and error.

Good to hear you’re sorted for screws. It’s the easiest attie to build I think I’ve ever used. With stainless the legs naturally lift a bit when I pull the drill bit out and it positions itself perfectly.

I won't put a link but it's on ft already and at a bargain £12 delivered including slam cap.
Made by ulton who I've had some excellent 1:1 clones from recently.
If you can afford a genuine it seems to be universally gaining praise and its good to support the local boy's, but if your skint, needs must as the devil drives.
As you where.

You could post a link to the genuine article for those that can afford it and do not want to find their own solution to manufacturing flaws in some clones.

You could post a link to the genuine article for those that can afford it and do not want to find their own solution to manufacturing flaws in some clones.
Sorry O,H,D. That was an old post from when the mighty eden mods where still open and the obvious source for all things Eden.
Beaum still have one.
https://beaumvape.co.uk/product/eden-mods-salix-rda/
And spa vapes hold a few but they're disappearing fast. Bloody good rda that's has been used daily at eyeball towers since release.
Should anyone want a clone. I can recommend the ulton one as a solid copy. I've used one of these for out and about without issue for month's too.

SAFETY WARNING

Hopefully nobody would be as stupid as me but having been an idiot thought I should pass on the info.

The block that holds the higher of the two wire fixing screws is positive and all the rest of the atty case and the lower of the wire connectors is negative. Being a mech user I really should have worked this out before putting a build in but as it was I was just building a coil roughly in line with what I remembered from a build video watched a couple of weeks ago.

Rightly or wrongly I remembered @todd just pulling the wire through the wire slots and cutting them off at the back (probably a false memory on my part). This is fine for negative wire as the body of the atty is negative. The positive block however is sitting on an insulator but the back of the block is only insulated by a rather tiny air gap. I just cut my wire neat to the back of the slot. Not neat enough it turns out.

I got away with it yesterday and all seemed great then today it went from perfect vape to hard short in an instant. The pos wire tail vapourised and welded itself across the air gap. That is not a nice lungful.

Cut those legs right off or at least well back from the body of the atty.

I will keep my excuses/ explanations to myself. I use a mech it is my respectability to understand my equipment and stay safe. I was an idiot.
I have dismantled the whole device ground and polished out the arc/weld mark and reassembled. I now understand the device as I should have before I started. I fortunately was using a cell that was getting its final discharge before recycling so I do not have to worry about whether the cell was damaged.

Vape safe.

Back
Top Bottom