What's new

Incredibly proud of building my first RDA squonker! -VV REQUIEM RDA.Perfect for anyone as a beginner

This is the v2 version of your rda with the beauty ring fitted it kinda makes it look nicer

20220412_224548.jpg

You're using a regulated mod so theoretically no explosions, the mod will refuse to fire, due to ultra low resistance protection. On a mech mod, yes, boom, a hard short, you do not want to experience one of them, ever.

Thank you!! Yes, I've always been worried about this ever since I moved from the beginner "stick e cigs". I think in quite happy to leave any mech mods alone for the time being! To clarify, a hard short, is essentially your battery exploding right? If you have any youtube video links explaining hard shorts and to avoid them, would be happy to watch.

Thank you!! Yes, I've always been worried about this ever since I moved from the beginner "stick e cigs". I think in quite happy to leave any mech mods alone for the time being! To clarify, a hard short, is essentially your battery exploding right? If you have any youtube video links explaining hard shorts and to avoid them, would be happy to watch.
Yeah, its like sticking a fork in a light socket, it is when the positive and the negative of the battery make contact with no resistance, like a key in your pocket. U avoid them by sticking to regulated mods for the time being:-) eezy peezy. Dont have to worry bout it at all really, just make sure your battery wraps are never ripped, dont carry loose batteries in your pocket, basic stuff like that

Edit- on a regulated mod u know u have a short when u hit the fire button and the screen says 'atomizer short' its very common

Looks like a beauty!!!! What is the difference between mine and yours exactly?

Between the rda's. The topcap doesn't have the little chutes like yours for the airflow in the topcap that is now built into the deck but you still have air adjustment with the topcap if that makes sense lol other than that not much has realy changed except it's a chunt to get a build in you need to put a leg in and clamp it before you can get a coiling rod in to get the other side clamped down. as for the mod this one is a full mech squonker so just just battery power so you cantgo too low ohms wise with your coil though that depends on your battery specs aswell but a 0.3-0.4 ohm coil is the lowest i would go with any mech mod

20220412_232154.jpg
20220412_232219.jpg

I'm having issues with the squonk part of my mod :(

Here is a picture of the bottom - with the "cap" removed and a picture of the cap itself + the squonk bottle.

QQ's,

Is the cap part meant to be sealed on the bottom of the squonk bottle?(I remember pulling it very hard at one point and maybe it popped off, I've tried to fix it and put it on the bottom of the bottle, but it seems impossible). - If no, what on earth were they thinking? there is barely a seal at the bottom, it is constantly leaking(just had it overnight, sat upright and in the morning I had a puddle of liquid).

I have come across on a reddit thread - that the squonk bottle, in all of my model of mods, was shipped upside down and that I maybe can solve all problems by switching the bottle the other way round - is this true?(it's a rather sticky job!)

I also have the issue that with it all assembled - the bottom cap is firmly tucked into the mod, I "squonk" too hard, and the bottom cap will come flying off - leaving me with liquid gushing out everywhere!

I'm very tempted to super glue the bottom cap on the end of the squonk bottle, to refill the bottle seems super easy from the top if I just disconnect it from the mod and it would hold everything in place.

Hello mate, I have been using the pulse v2 and requiem without problems for months (recently been getting shorts on the rda that I still have to get to the bottom of) but from your picture and looking at mine here, there looks to be quite a gap / space from the bottom of the bottle to the side of the mod.

If you take the side cover off is there a visible black metal ring at the bottom of the bottle?

i'll try and post some pics of mine...

I'm having issues with the squonk part of my mod :(

Here is a picture of the bottom - with the "cap" removed and a picture of the cap itself + the squonk bottle.

QQ's,

Is the cap part meant to be sealed on the bottom of the squonk bottle?(I remember pulling it very hard at one point and maybe it popped off, I've tried to fix it and put it on the bottom of the bottle, but it seems impossible). - If no, what on earth were they thinking? there is barely a seal at the bottom, it is constantly leaking(just had it overnight, sat upright and in the morning I had a puddle of liquid).

I have come across on a reddit thread - that the squonk bottle, in all of my model of mods, was shipped upside down and that I maybe can solve all problems by switching the bottle the other way round - is this true?(it's a rather sticky job!)

I also have the issue that with it all assembled - the bottom cap is firmly tucked into the mod, I "squonk" too hard, and the bottom cap will come flying off - leaving me with liquid gushing out everywhere!

I'm very tempted to super glue the bottom cap on the end of the squonk bottle, to refill the bottle seems super easy from the top if I just disconnect it from the mod and it would hold everything in place.

This is mine if it helps:

upload_2022-4-14_12-34-6.png
upload_2022-4-14_12-34-34.png

upload_2022-4-14_12-35-19.png
upload_2022-4-14_12-35-54.png

mare u maybe when unscrewing the wee cap taking the bottom of the bottle out?
Your bottle looks the right way up. (Fill line at top)
D9F3DF38-C81B-4BBC-B19E-F6225DC5097E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom