What's new

Incredibly proud of building my first RDA squonker! -VV REQUIEM RDA.Perfect for anyone as a beginner

One more small question - you will see in the final picture I have some "cap", I'm not sure where this should go! I couldn't figure out any place it would fit. Could anyone advise here what to do with it and where it goes?

The positive post is the one that connects to the center pin. It should have some sort of insulator seperating it from the rest of the deck as the main deck and cap if its metal will be negative.

If case anyone else new comes searching for this RDA. Here is the link to my favourite youtube guy I found who does an excellent review/build and showing of the RDA in question.

(If linking youtube is not allowed, please @mods delete this post!)

it may seem like a silly question but which side is the positive post wire?

The top of the deck in the pic,see the grey (peek) plastic insulator, I've tried to highlight (I'm crap with MS Paint!), that is the positive post. Keep your wire cut tight to the post screw, it has to stay isolated from the rest of the deck and top cap.

rda1.jpg

The positive post is the one that connects to the center pin. It should have some sort of insulator seperating it from the rest of the deck as the main deck and cap if its metal will be negative.

Ah I think I know what you mean! When I was assembling the deck, one half fell off when I took off the default main pin, I noticed there was a bit of rubber underneath one side that fell off. Didnt take much notice then, but will check that side!

One more small question - you will see in the final picture I have some "cap", I'm not sure where this should go! I couldn't figure out any place it would fit. Could anyone advise here what to do with it and where it goes?
Do you mean the black ring?
It looks like a beauty ring for asthetics only. It makes the rda look wider if using on a bigger mod. You don't have to use it.
upload_2022-4-12_22-33-27.png

The top of the deck in the pic,see the grey (peek) plastic insulator, I've tried to highlight (I'm crap with MS Paint!), that is the positive post. Keep your wire cut tight to the post screw, it has to stay isolated from the rest of the deck and top cap.

View attachment 272198

Excellent MS paint skills! You should see mine I sometimes like to type in paint...
I will check it when I next change the cotton. What are the dangers if I don't cut this correct? Any serious risk of exploding battery etc? Or just a ruined mod?

What are the dangers if I don't cut this correct? Any serious risk of exploding battery etc? Or just a ruined mod?
You're using a regulated mod so theoretically no explosions, the mod will refuse to fire, due to ultra low resistance protection. On a mech mod, yes, boom, a hard short, you do not want to experience one of them, ever.

Back
Top Bottom