What's new

Incredibly proud of building my first RDA squonker! -VV REQUIEM RDA.Perfect for anyone as a beginner

Seraphim

Initiate
Hi all, long time vaper here using standard tanks and pre-built coils.

Just managed to build my first RDA squonker and man it is good!!

Picked up the,
VANDY VAPE PULSE V2 95W BF MOD,
VANDY VAPE REQUIEM RDA ATOMIZER,
and the SAMSUNG 40T 21700 - 4000MAH 35A.
Could not have been easier to build! (Though please see the picture and any advice is welcome! I am no expert!). I do admit I also own a Zeus X Mesh RDTA and a "Pharaoh" RDA but they have been hell to build, especially the Pharaoah and the mesh aspect of the Zeus so I've broken countless mesh coils and only used them 2 or 3 times!

Two small questions,

I'm a bit of a chain vaper and use roughly 65vg/35pg, how long will the coil last and how often should I change cotton? Is every 2-3 days sufficient and maybe once a week coil change?

I'm currently using 0.26ohm fused claptons, what is the best/recommend wattage? I currently use between 40w-50w.

Final thoughts, would highly recommend this RDA squonker to anyone and especially beginners!

Nice! clip your wire back matey, esp. the positive post wire, but always best to clip both as close to the post screws as possible, to avoid any shorts or "resistance too low" device messages.

wire.JPG

Hi all, long time vaper here using standard tanks and pre-built coils.

Just managed to build my first RDA squonker and man it is good!!

Picked up the,
VANDY VAPE PULSE V2 95W BF MOD,
VANDY VAPE REQUIEM RDA ATOMIZER,
and the SAMSUNG 40T 21700 - 4000MAH 35A.
Could not have been easier to build! (Though please see the picture and any advice is welcome! I am no expert!). I do admit I also own a Zeus X Mesh RDTA and a "Pharaoh" RDA but they have been hell to build, especially the Pharaoah and the mesh aspect of the Zeus so I've broken countless mesh coils and only used them 2 or 3 times!

Two small questions,

I'm a bit of a chain vaper and use roughly 65vg/35pg, how long will the coil last and how often should I change cotton? Is every 2-3 days sufficient and maybe once a week coil change?

I'm currently using 0.26ohm fused claptons, what is the best/recommend wattage? I currently use between 40w-50w.

Final thoughts, would highly recommend this RDA squonker to anyone and especially beginners!

all looks good apart from that lead wire @andipandi has pointed out how long coil & cotton will last is down to your liquid, but i change my cotton every 2 to 3 days or when ever flavour starts to drop.

Unlike stock coils there isn't really any max/min wattage, just dial in your preference and vape at that setting. 40 to 50 Watts for a single fused clapton is normally where I end up, but going higher or lower won't hurt anything if that's what you prefer.

With stock coils you have to throw them once the wick gets nasty, with rebuildables you can just change the wick - I find that sometimes I change wicking every few days, sometimes it can be after a month - just like stock coils, it is the amount of sweeteners and types of flavourings in the juice that has the biggest effect. If the coil starts to get gunked up generally I'll pull the wick out, heat the coil and then dunk it in a cup of water - after about 3 repeats normally all. the cack falls off the coil and there will be a layer of black gunk in the bottom of the cup. If you're using Nichrome or Kanthal coils you can glow them cherry red and dunk them - if you're using SS316L heat them a little more gently until they are brick red rather than red hot as overheating SS can damage it.

Unlike stock coils I find rebuildables can last 3 months easy, (I have a few atties with coils that are several years old but the coils are still good) but Claptons/fused claptons are so cheap compared to stock coils if I'm in any doubt about how long I've been using them I just change them anyway.

I actually just realized last night my mongrel rda is a squonker, i see the 2 pinholes where the juice comes out into the wells, do u have to wick it like normal, or can u stuff that whole thing full of cotton?

Edit- as in the whole deck area that isnt the airflow

I actually just realized last night my mongrel rda is a squonker, i see the 2 pinholes where the juice comes out into the wells, do u have to wick it like normal, or can u stuff that whole thing full of cotton?

Edit- as in the whole deck area that isnt the airflow

Just wick it as normal (assuming you normally have the cotton reaching the base of the well, that is). ;)

Nice! clip your wire back matey, esp. the positive post wire, but always best to clip both as close to the post screws as possible, to avoid any shorts or "resistance too low" device messages.

View attachment 272120

Thank you! Did just cut it a little shorter after I took the picture as the top didn't fit, I cut as best I can and then the tiny bit remaining I curled upwards ensuring it did not touch anything (is this safe to do?)

Apologies, it may seem like a silly question but which side is the positive post wire? Eager to learn more! And especially on the safety aspect(why I specifically found a squonker with temp controls and not a "mechanical mod")

Unlike stock coils there isn't really any max/min wattage, just dial in your preference and vape at that setting. 40 to 50 Watts for a single fused clapton is normally where I end up, but going higher or lower won't hurt anything if that's what you prefer.

With stock coils you have to throw them once the wick gets nasty, with rebuildables you can just change the wick - I find that sometimes I change wicking every few days, sometimes it can be after a month - just like stock coils, it is the amount of sweeteners and types of flavourings in the juice that has the biggest effect. If the coil starts to get gunked up generally I'll pull the wick out, heat the coil and then dunk it in a cup of water - after about 3 repeats normally all. the cack falls off the coil and there will be a layer of black gunk in the bottom of the cup. If you're using Nichrome or Kanthal coils you can glow them cherry red and dunk them - if you're using SS316L heat them a little more gently until they are brick red rather than red hot as overheating SS can damage it.

Unlike stock coils I find rebuildables can last 3 months easy, (I have a few atties with coils that are several years old but the coils are still good) but Claptons/fused claptons are so cheap compared to stock coils if I'm in any doubt about how long I've been using them I just change them anyway.

Thank you! I'll definitely try this in a day or two and hopefully it will work. I made a mistake in that I didn't test the coil before adding the wick, I hope it will burn the gunk of well, at the moment I'm mainly using "Chill Pill" brand(from what i can buy, the most cost effective! 10ml flavour, 10ml 15mg/ml Nicotine and 100ml base) which I must admit is very sweet, so I will likely need to change the wick often.

Not sure you will know the brand, as i am in Czech Republic right now.

I'll edit my title shortly to include the RDA name and to provide a clear option if anyone searches that it would be great for beginners! Every little helps!

Back
Top Bottom