What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

iJoy Capo Squonk Mod?

Yep, I'm glad I came across this page cause I was mmm'ing and ah'ing about whether it was a good mod to buy, but as all you squonkers have ordered it I thought hell yes, got ta get me one of those. I really like a cool vape and the fact I can get down to a watt of 8 makes me happy, thanks for the warning of a delay though, my pico squeeze is light and friendly but a vw option makes the day. I've also got an old skool anima rda on order, know someone with a lathe and fancy converting the POS pin into a bf pin. It's the one mil air hole I love. Thanks for insights guys

Yep, I'm glad I came across this page cause I was mmm'ing and ah'ing about whether it was a good mod to buy, but as all you squonkers have ordered it I thought hell yes, got ta get me one of those. I really like a cool vape and the fact I can get down to a watt of 8 makes me happy, thanks for the warning of a delay though, my pico squeeze is light and friendly but a vw option makes the day. I've also got an old skool anima rda on order, know someone with a lathe and fancy converting the POS pin into a bf pin. It's the one mil air hole I love. Thanks for insights guys
Save the trouble. Order yourself a strike rda. Around a fiver with bf pin and aiflow choices between 1 to 1.5mm. Mtl perfection.

Eyeball, after your recommendation in another thread i've got one flying over from fast tech, but the anima is nostalgia and that challenge of whether it can be done or not, the bf pin drilling modification i mean. But i like the look of this ijoy mod as i like to keep watts low, never go above 8,and ohms 1.1-1.5 or else my throat gets dry just like when I used to smoke and though its been 5 years now, its that concious reinforcement that i'm not smoking anymore. Can't wait for the strike though, if its better than the kayfun lite atty i'm dabbling with added with the squonking features that will be a better feeling than any cheap spanish 50g pack of baccy i used to get for a fiver. On other forums people are feeling like dinasours talking about the lack of single hole 1mm rdas,rtas. But that size air hole is a true friend of mtl fans. if people wanted an airier draw they just took a bigger drill size to it. Happy days for every individuals preference though, the choice of presonal taste or style is boundless,

Eyeball, after your recommendation in another thread i've got one flying over from fast tech, but the anima is nostalgia and that challenge of whether it can be done or not, the bf pin drilling modification i mean. But i like the look of this ijoy mod as i like to keep watts low, never go above 8,and ohms 1.1-1.5 or else my throat gets dry just like when I used to smoke and though its been 5 years now, its that concious reinforcement that i'm not smoking anymore. Can't wait for the strike though, if its better than the kayfun lite atty i'm dabbling with added with the squonking features that will be a better feeling than any cheap spanish 50g pack of baccy i used to get for a fiver. On other forums people are feeling like dinasours talking about the lack of single hole 1mm rdas,rtas. But that size air hole is a true friend of mtl fans. if people wanted an airier draw they just took a bigger drill size to it. Happy days for every individuals preference though, the choice of presonal taste or style is boundless,
Most rda' s are convertible with a pillar drill and a hss drill bit. You can buy a pillar converter for any power drill from amazon for about £10-15. (Worth it in the long run). The worst ive converted was the original snapdragon. That base was a pain. Hope you enjoy the strike.

Great stuff thanks for heads up. yeh i'll have a go and i have a pillar drill at work, i'll just make sure its true when boring new hole, why was the snap dragon such a pain compared to the other conversions. Is the positive platform awkwardly placed?

Great stuff thanks for heads up. yeh i'll have a go and i have a pillar drill at work, i'll just make sure its true when boring new hole, why was the snap dragon such a pain compared to the other conversions. Is the positive platform awkwardly placed?
It's a very unique design which transfers the positive via a plastic spacer between base plate and deck due to the unique airflow. It's far easier to find a v2 which was available as bf from the start.
Well worth it though as it's one of the best flavour rda' s ever. It still tops most flavour chasers lists with true small under coil airflow.

Blimey, I was watching ow the rose v3 was put together today and was amazed at how jigsaw puzzley a simple looking rda or rta is thought out. Saw a vid on YT about the original Rose vs the rose 1.5. but the presenter then mentioned e had a clone of the rose 1.0 and though it looked identical it never Vaped the same. Eden mods guys are clever and have the best interests for the person vaping their designs. Mmm, Snapdragon v2, do you have both or were you wishing you had jjust got the v2 Snapdragon?

Blimey, I was watching ow the rose v3 was put together today and was amazed at how jigsaw puzzley a simple looking rda or rta is thought out. Saw a vid on YT about the original Rose vs the rose 1.5. but the presenter then mentioned e had a clone of the rose 1.0 and though it looked identical it never Vaped the same. Eden mods guys are clever and have the best interests for the person vaping their designs. Mmm, Snapdragon v2, do you have both or were you wishing you had jjust got the v2 Snapdragon?
No I have the snapdragon v2 and I bought a few v1 clones to convert myself into bf mode for out and about and a few friends. After converting one I've not got round to the rest lol.
I've got a rose v3 (pre tpd full size) and a couple of clones and they are excellent. The eden guy's are geniuses. If you do want to get a genuine I'd keep away from too much clone talk as they are pretty quick to blacklist you.
I can only say the smjy and sxk clones are first class but they never cloned the snapdragon v2 and now you can't buy one in the UK due to the tpd nonsense.
They come up now and then in the classifieds. If you see One, don't think twice.

No I have the snapdragon v2 and I bought a few v1 clones to convert myself into bf mode for out and about and a few friends. After converting one I've not got round to the rest lol.
I've got a rose v3 (pre tpd full size) and a couple of clones and they are excellent. The eden guy's are geniuses. If you do want to get a genuine I'd keep away from too much clone talk as they are pretty quick to blacklist you.
I can only say the smjy and sxk clones are first class but they never cloned the snapdragon v2 and now you can't buy one in the UK due to the tpd nonsense.
They come up now and then in the classifieds. If you see One, don't think twice.
All duly noted, I have found a snap dragon v2 somewhere genuine article, I think I'll have a dabble at it, getting up to date has been a big learning curve after 4 yrs of minding my own business. The result of which is, realising horizontal builds as compared to gennie vertical builds are less faff and that squonking makes for ideal wicking. Using Cotton's thrown me, but realised the design of the tank determines whether I get that cotton after taste. The kayfun lite single coil 1 mm airhole has reassured me of that. I can wait for the ijoy knowing it will complete my vaping experience upgrade wise. Thanks for all wisdom, and let's not forget the strike rda in transit

All duly noted, I have found a snap dragon v2 somewhere genuine article, I think I'll have a dabble at it, getting up to date has been a big learning curve after 4 yrs of minding my own business. The result of which is, realising horizontal builds as compared to gennie vertical builds are less faff and that squonking makes for ideal wicking. Using Cotton's thrown me, but realised the design of the tank determines whether I get that cotton after taste. The kayfun lite single coil 1 mm airhole has reassured me of that. I can wait for the ijoy knowing it will complete my vaping experience upgrade wise. Thanks for all wisdom, and let's not forget the strike rda in transit
You've got the right idea. 're visit your vaping style every couple of years. If you find improvements use them if not your already happy with your current set up.
The nextera May be worth a punt before you settle back down as you still have the long wicking life and tight flavour of a genny. Plus squonkability.

Back
Top Bottom