What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help me choose a squonk!!

Lewisvapes

Postman
What’s up people, posted last night in another thread not knowing we had a dedicated squonk part of the forum.. I’m basically looking to get my first squonk. I’d preferably like a regulated one but from the digging I’ve done I’ve found the mechs to look better than the regs.

The ones I have checked out are:

Hotcig rsq
Athena
Vandy pulse
Druga.

Preferably 60/70 max on price.

Any help with mods and rda’s Would be appreciated! :)

If your experienced with battery safety etc the Athena and Pulse are both great starter options if your not familiar with mechs the RSQ seems to be getting good feedback.

Druga imo looks very cheap and nasty I would love the 22mm Druga RDA but the bundled mod looks pretty disposable.

If your experienced with battery safety etc the Athena and Pulse are both great starter options if your not familiar with mechs the RSQ seems to be getting good feedback.

Druga imo looks very cheap and nasty I would love the 22mm Druga RDA but the bundled mod looks pretty disposable.
I learnt how to build on mechs and stuff like that so I’m comfortable using one. It’s just a like the regs because it gives me peace of mind just incase I do one build too low and fire it up!! If there’s not too much difference between the Athena and pulse I may do the pulse today as it’s local pick up for me

For the pulse / athena question it depends on what batteries you have or want to use. If you want a smaller mod and 18650s then the Athena is the best option imo. The pulse is for 20700s and I wouldn't get it unless you intend to use those. I have both devices and it's hard to choose between them I tend to take the Athena out and about because it's smaller but both are very good budget squonkers. As for regulated, I also really liken the look of the rsq and am seriously tempted to get one.

I learnt how to build on mechs and stuff like that so I’m comfortable using one. It’s just a like the regs because it gives me peace of mind just incase I do one build too low and fire it up!! If there’s not too much difference between the Athena and pulse I may do the pulse today as it’s local pick up for me
Biggest difference is that the Pulse can use bigger 20700 batteries Athena can't.

If it's a local pickup I would definitely do the same thing it's a great little squonk for the cash :)

For the pulse / athena question it depends on what batteries you have or want to use. If you want a smaller mod and 18650s then the Athena is the best option imo. The pulse is for 20700s and I wouldn't get it unless you intend to use those. I have both devices and it's hard to choose between them I tend to take the Athena out and about because it's smaller but both are very good budget squonkers. As for regulated, I also really liken the look of the rsq and am seriously tempted to get one.
the rsq and the vt inbox I’m really liking as well, also exuse my ignorance. What is the difference between the 20700 and 18650. I’ve only ever used 18650’s in all my mechs and reg mods

the rsq and the vt inbox I’m really liking as well, also exuse my ignorance. What is the difference between the 20700 and 18650. I’ve only ever used 18650’s in all my mechs and reg mods
The 20700 are slightly bigger with higher amp limits TBH I don't think they are worth the extra cash atm I just use 18650 in all my mechs including the Pulse box.

The 20700 are slightly bigger with higher amp limits TBH I don't think they are worth the extra cash atm I just use 18650 in all my mechs including the Pulse box.
Right I see.. so you could build a little lower with a 20700

My first squon was Hcigar VT75 i really liked it but wobble doors are annoying u can also try YFTK SVA from fasttech(etc) its around 80$ and which rda`s do u prefere single or dual coils?

Back
Top Bottom