What's new

Heads up. China are now shipping TPD compliant (2ml) squonk bottles

ChrisS

Postman
Hi,
I hope I'm not being alarmist but I have just bought a Vandy Vape Pulse X Special Edition from a very reputable UK vendor and when it arrived I found the squonk bottle was only 2ml in capacity rather than the 8ml stated on the packaging, websites, reviews etc.. I contacted Vand Vape and received the message below. The supplied 2ml squonk bottle is almost unusable; 2ml is ridiculous anyway, the squonk straw reduces the capacity to about 1ml, and with the thickened walls the bottle is an unsqueezable solid lump of silicone. Maybe this is just Vandy Vape but it might be a sign of things to come.
Chris

"Hi Sir,

Thank you for your email.

I learned from our sales director, due to the UK TPD policy, we deliver the kits with the bottles are 2ml. Thickened inner side, reduce the capacity.

If you need the 8ml bottle, you need to purchase separately.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please purchase your items from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/cigtrade

Thank you

Best regards

Gawin
[email protected]"

I would of thought as website and packaging stated 8ml them that is what you should of received especially if it came from China. Yes all the Chinese sites sell 2ml tpd versions but they also sell the full size. Me never used vandy or sqonk but taking the pish if they expect you to buy extra from eBay.

Just checked their site.
There is no mention of a UK tpd version but as it's an American site it's a grey area. If you had bought from China I'm guessing you would of had the option of UK and non UK version.

Dalm, missed the bit of you buying from a UK vendor.
Then your stuffed. Buy anything in UK it's 2ml unless they sell illegally.

Last edited:
You say you bought from a reputable UK vendor? Then they are complying with current UK law, sadly the onus is on us, the consumer, to obtain suitable bottles. [emoji106]

I would of thought as website and packaging stated 8ml them that is what you should of received especially if it came from China. Yes all the Chinese sites sell 2ml tpd versions but they also sell the full size. Me never used vandy or sqonk but taking the pish if they expect you to buy extra from eBay.

Just checked their site.
There is no mention of a UK tpd version but as it's an American site it's a grey area. If you had bought from China I'm guessing you would of had the option of UK and non UK version.
Yes. It's the lack of clear information which is frustrating and infuriating.

You say you bought from a reputable UK vendor? Then they are complying with current UK law, sadly the onus is on us, the consumer, to obtain suitable bottles. [emoji106]
They ought to tell us though.

Just edited my above post as missed the bit about buying in UK

Many UK vendors are still selling stock, presumably older stock, with larger bottles. I bought a Feedlink less than a month ago with a larger bottle, decided I liked squonking but wanted a regulated squonker. This changeover is not being advertised and as someone who is new to squonking I walked straight into it.

Many UK vendors are still selling stock, presumably older stock, with larger bottles. I bought a Feedlink less than a month ago with a larger bottle, decided I liked squonking but wanted a regulated squonker. This changeover is not being advertised and as someone who is new to squonking I walked straight into it.
I've ordered an 8ml Vandy Vape bottle and I hope it will fit. I'm still grumbling a bit about the lack of clarity from vendors. I think they are trying to have their cake and eat it. Gov.uk states "Retailers had until 20 May 2017 to sell through stock of products that do not comply with the labelling and product composition requirements of the TPD.".However there are plenty of UK vendors out there, for example Greeenhaze and Vapegeek, advertising squonkers with 7ml+ bottles but it appears that if they ship me one with a 2ml bottle they can say "ah TPD" and I'm stuffed.

Thing is, squonkers were in a grey area and it was only recently, last 6 months I think?, that that grey area was squashed.

Back
Top Bottom