What's new

HCigar Maze V3

Anyone got their Maze V3 yet? If so, what do you reckon?
Mine arrived from FT, I'm a little underwhelmed if I'm honest.

The positive post threads aren't properly machined on my example and I'd shredded the threads on two of the post screws before I realised what was up. The post screws themselves appear to be made out of cheese, one of them the hex head was already knackered before I started
I'll replace the post screws with some decent ones, should have something in my stash that fits.
Other than the shitty post screws and the QC issue with the pos post threads, the rest of the build quality seems pretty good. Nice package overall, lots of spares, nicely presented. Lots of airflow options etc.

The vape didn't seem that good though, lacking in flavour and vapour production. I'm not looking for wide open chucking clouds here, that's not my bag, hence buying this atty. It seemed a bit thin on vapor though. I might have to do a rewick/simpler build and try again before I write it off.
First build was a skinny fused clapton, SS316 29AWG core 38AWG wrap, coming at 0.5ohms running 20-30watt range which produce a lovely vape in my OAtty and Hadalay.

The search for the perfect single coil squonk atty continues, Oatty winning currently. Strike 18 next methinks.

Anyone got their Maze V3 yet? If so, what do you reckon?
Mine arrived from FT, I'm a little underwhelmed if I'm honest.

The positive post threads aren't properly machined on my example and I'd shredded the threads on two of the post screws before I realised what was up. The post screws themselves appear to be made out of cheese, one of them the hex head was already knackered before I started
I'll replace the post screws with some decent ones, should have something in my stash that fits.
Other than the shitty post screws and the QC issue with the pos post threads, the rest of the build quality seems pretty good. Nice package overall, lots of spares, nicely presented. Lots of airflow options etc.

The vape didn't seem that good though, lacking in flavour and vapour production. I'm not looking for wide open chucking clouds here, that's not my bag, hence buying this atty. It seemed a bit thin on vapor though. I might have to do a rewick/simpler build and try again before I write it off.
First build was a skinny fused clapton, SS316 29AWG core 38AWG wrap, coming at 0.5ohms running 20-30watt range which produce a lovely vape in my OAtty and Hadalay.

The search for the perfect single coil squonk atty continues, Oatty winning currently. Strike 18 next methinks.
I have a strike 18 and the plug in clones in transit. I was also a bit underwhelmed it just feels a touch anemic a vape. Gets really fucking hot too

I have a strike 18 and the plug in clones in transit. I was also a bit underwhelmed it just feels a touch anemic a vape. Gets really fucking hot too

Interesting, glad it's not just me. Agree on it getting hot too, had to use the 510 driptip adaptor and use a longer drip tip.
I used the slotted airflow adaptor, not tried the one with the two holes in as it was a bit of a bitch to get in/out and kept shredding the o rings.
I'll try adjusting the airflow a bit/pointing the holes at the coil more, although it might end up leaking if you tilt them too far!
Overall the design was really promising, some novel features.

I had looked at the plug-in clone but read a comment on FT about the PEEK airflow channel thing melting on the YFTK clone (so probably not actually PEEK), which put me off!
*Edit re the Plug-in, seems it's just one numpty that melted it, everyone else says it's fine :D

Last edited:
Interesting, glad it's not just me. Agree on it getting hot too, had to use the 510 driptip adaptor and use a longer drip tip.
I used the slotted airflow adaptor, not tried the one with the two holes in as it was a bit of a bitch to get in/out and kept shredding the o rings.
I'll try adjusting the airflow a bit/pointing the holes at the coil more, although it might end up leaking if you tilt them too far!

I had looked at the plug-in clone but read a comment on FT about the PEEK airflow channel thing melting on the YFTK clone (so probably not actually PEEK), which put me off!
*Edit re the Plug-in, seems it's just one numpty that melted it, everyone else says it's fine :D
Yeah I've got mine pointed right at the coil and I do get good flavour but it just feels like I'm running at 20 watts when I'm at 35 if that makes sense. Nothing is beating my yftk armor clone at the minute anyway tbf

The plug in is a cracker. Not massive airflow more mtl to restricted lung hit. Bit great flavour and build quality. The worry that came up most was the airflow becoming a juice conduit. You would have to squonk the arse out of it to get it to leak. Bloody good. The strike and the hellfire are also great quality and perfect for mtl fans. Haven't put the hellfire down since it arrived. It's so good it's on manabush duty which is quite an honour.

The plug in is a cracker. Not massive airflow more mtl to restricted lung hit. Bit great flavour and build quality. The worry that came up most was the airflow becoming a juice conduit. You would have to squonk the arse out of it to get it to leak. Bloody good. The strike and the hellfire are also great quality and perfect for mtl fans. Haven't put the hellfire down since it arrived. It's so good it's on manabush duty which is quite an honour.

Damn, I'm like a nipper in a sweet shop at the moment with squonk RDAs. Strike looks good (that or the Speed rev), Plug in tempting, also quite taken by the Wasp. Hellfire looks cute, but I have a Origen Little 16mm already so looks quite close to that? My fastech basket is growing. Also seem to have stuck a pico squeeze mod in there... *facepalm*

Damn, I'm like a nipper in a sweet shop at the moment with squonk RDAs. Strike looks good (that or the Speed rev), Plug in tempting, also quite taken by the Wasp. Hellfire looks cute, but I have a Origen Little 16mm already so looks quite close to that? My fastech basket is growing. Also seem to have stuck a pico squeeze mod in there... *facepalm*
Somehow the hellfire mini is far better than the origen (for me). Realy struggled to find a good flavour set up with the origen little. Tried from sub ohm to two ohms and all different wires but I couldn't quite get the flavours others raved about. The hellfire just worked from the word go.

Back
Top Bottom