What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First Squonk Setup

Although the Topsides are my favourite squonker, i have to say the SC Hadron with the backpack has to be my favourite way to Squonk, had it a while but been using it heavily for the last 7-10 Days and i love it to bits, it gives the exact amount of liquid every time you squonk, great bit of kit.

just got round to looking at this. What a massive mod! Looks like it’s got a good chip though and if you don’t mind the size a decent setup.

one review I read said it was easy to oversquonk have you had issues?

just got round to looking at this. What a massive mod! Looks like it’s got a good chip though and if you don’t mind the size a decent setup.

A decent sized atty shouldn't have any issues. One pump should be enough to wet the wick enough generally. I've got the profile on mine at the moment and it's an awesome combo.

A decent sized atty shouldn't have any issues. One pump should be enough to wet the wick enough generally. I've got the profile on mine at the moment and it's an awesome combo.

Gotcha and good point. I’m definitely still in that stage of thinking I need to saturate the wick completely rather than just wetting it sufficiently to do its job.

Gotcha and good point. I’m definitely still in that stage of thinking I need to saturate the wick completely rather than just wetting it sufficiently to do its job.
I find it different with different atties though. Ones with the coil right over the squonk hole are easier to wet the wick enough, others seem to need a pool to soak it up.

I find it different with different atties though. Ones with the coil right over the squonk hole are easier to wet the wick enough, others seem to need a pool to soak it up.

the way I’ve got the Asgard built there’s a pretty big gap between the squonk hole and the coils. Not sure whether it’s the right approach but I saw a review which said mount coils high and squeeze them into the centre.

might need to do a bit more research into whether this is the best choice for overall performance.

the way I’ve got the Asgard built there’s a pretty big gap between the squonk hole and the coils. Not sure whether it’s the right approach but I saw a review which said mount coils high and squeeze them into the centre.

might need to do a bit more research into whether this is the best choice for overall performance.

Yeah I've got mine built similar, and I think it needs to be built like that the way the airflow and insert work for it and a deep well for pooling the juice to the wicks and it works well.

I think any issues with the hadron people are having are that it doesn't suck back the juice so if you press that extra pump its not going back into the bottle.

Yeah I've got mine built similar, and I think it needs to be built like that the way the airflow and insert work for it and a deep well for pooling the juice to the wicks and it works well.

I think any issues with the hadron people are having are that it doesn't suck back the juice so if you press that extra pump its not going back into the bottle.

I’m definitely impressed with it, the airflow is super smooth and the vape is dense and flavourful.

Last time I really used a dripper was back in late 2015 and times really have moved on.

Sorry for late reply but as already said it's great and for me hasn't over squonked at all. I have had the Profile RDA on it and also had my Drop Dead RDA on it. Both worked well and am still using it. The Hadron uses the Yihi chip which some often compare with the DNA for TC Vaping, i find both good and have no preference over one or the other. The Hadron had a small problem with battery rattle with the 21700's but i added another wrap to the battery and sorted, ok though with 18650's using the adapter.

Back
Top Bottom