What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First Squonk Setup

True 10ml capacity is great and it doesn’t feel like such a big mod given what I already own. Plus it’s all the benefits of an RDA without the sticky fingers from dripping constantly.

Now it’s about getting to grips with how much to squeeze the bottle but at least the wicking is much less fussy than some of the RTAs I’ve used beforehand.
The Asgard is pretty good in that respect. Not much chance of oversquonking and you'll soon taste when you need more juice.

Dude .. that looks the mutz nutz !

And yeah it will cane the juice with that setup ..

The Asgard is pretty good in that respect. Not much chance of oversquonking and you'll soon taste when you need more juice.

question about wicking - do you bother thinning the tails on the wick? I did, but feel like I’m needing to squonk every couple of pulls as a consequence

question about wicking - do you bother thinning the tails on the wick? I did, but feel like I’m needing to squonk every couple of pulls as a consequence
Balance between enough room in the juice well for liquid to pool & enough cotton to keep up with wicking

I don't own the asgard but I don't thin out the wicks on any bf rda's

Balance between enough room in the juice well for liquid to pool & enough cotton to keep up with wicking

thanks both, I might Chuck a new wick in tomorrow and see what impact it has. It looks like there’s enough space but I think there’s probably insufficient cotton to hold much juice as I can hear it getting sucked back down into the bottle too.

thanks both, I might Chuck a new wick in tomorrow and see what impact it has. It looks like there’s enough space but I think there’s probably insufficient cotton to hold much juice as I can hear it getting sucked back down into the bottle too.
When you squonk pause before releasing the bottle to allow the cotton to soak up as much juice as it can, Drawback should be minimal.

Suck back is good
Suck back is good
Suck back is good
Suck back is good
Suck back is good , stops you over squonking ;) I personnally use a fare amount of cotton .. as long as you keep the cotton possitioned so it's not too tight. I tend fluff out the ends on the cotton, I think it holds more juice that way.

I just comb them out a little so the juice can travel easily to the coils. It's just a bit of trial and error to get it how you want it. As @nwhornet said, linger on the squeeze a bit to let the cotton get properly soaked and leave a bit of juice in the well. I'm going to take a look tomorrow and see if I have a longer BF pin that'll fit, should let more juice pool in the well.

Although the Topsides are my favourite squonker, i have to say the SC Hadron with the backpack has to be my favourite way to Squonk, had it a while but been using it heavily for the last 7-10 Days and i love it to bits, it gives the exact amount of liquid every time you squonk, great bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom