What's new

First Squonk Setup

onion

Achiever
Haven’t delved into this world beforehand but have been doing some reading recently with a view to asking Santa for a squonk setup.

Have previously done the whole dripper thing so fairly confident that I’m going to get on with squonking. I don’t really use drippers these days because of the faff although I’ve still got them in case I do decide to dive back in.

I’m looking for a dtl setup and an RDA that’ll take dual coils. Although I’m not too bothered about cloudzzzz for days, it’ll fill a gap in my current setup (have a nice MTL mod, an aromamizer v3 on single coil and an odan running mesh coils).

I’ve been looking at the topside dual but wondered if this might be overkill. On the single side I looked at the vandy vapes pulse 2.0.

Are there any other squonk boxes which might be worth looking at?

I’m after something regulated and 18650 as I don’t have a charger for bigger batteries.

I’ve not really got to grips with what BF RDAs I could look at, do I need to consider anything in particular? Squonk pin location etc? Any recommendations for something flavourful?

All advice welcome :)

If you're wanting to use a dual coil coil rda I'd look at dual battery mods, a single 18650 isn't going to last long running 2 coils at higher wattage. I only use single coil rda's so all my mods are single battery. I've been eyeing up a topside dual for a while now. I've got the topside 90w with a recurve single coil and it's a beauty. Recently bought a citadel clone and I'm very impressed with it but that's single coil as well

You won't go far wrong with a Topside Dual and an Asgard Mini on top of it. Great combination [emoji1303]
IMG_20201119_173601.jpeg

Thanks both.

I’ll check out the Asgard and also the recurve in case I decide to go single coil.

Is the topside dual the best double 18650 for the price? There doesn’t seem to be much out there

Thanks both.

I’ll check out the Asgard and also the recurve in case I decide to go single coil.

Is the topside dual the best double 18650 for the price? There doesn’t seem to be much out there
Not sure if it's the best as I don't have any other dual cell squonk mods (apart from the dripbox) to compare it to. But I've read a lot of good things about it and I certainly haven't been disappointed since I got it.

Thanks both.

Yeah Def the best Squonk for the price, it's all I use when I am at home, only slight downside is it's quite bulky so not very pocketable. The only other consideration for me would be a Lost Vape Drone (before getting to the high end silly money stuff) the Topside Dual is the better option overall though in my opinion.

Drones seem to be sold out everywhere whereas the topside dual is at least in stock in a few places for around £55. Seems like it might be a decent bet at that price?

I had a Drone 250c and whilst it's obviously a great board, I sold it on as the whole thing just felt a bit cheap and plasticky to me. The topside dual however, is a lovely solid beast.

Drones seem to be sold out everywhere whereas the topside dual is at least in stock in a few places for around £55. Seems like it might be a decent bet at that price?

Yeah that's a good price, can sometimes find them on offer for around £40-45 but I would very happily pay £55+ for one.

My only problem with my topside dual is size. It’s a big’un.
Workforce Dyadic are my daily cos it’s a lot smaller and lovely finish (ie grippy) Not as leaky. (This is minimal but still there on topside especially if left for a few days)
Chip is not as good. Capacity not as good. Fill method not as good as topside.

Back
Top Bottom