What's new

filling the basium

rawhead

Achiever
So am i missing a trick ?

Whenever i fill the bottle of my Basium, when i pit the lid back on the bottle i lose quite a lot of juice coming up out of the tube - capilliary action is stealing my juice !

I try to block the top of the tube with some kitchen roll, doesn't really help.

I've also tried a refill bottle on the 510, but i think the casette holder for the bottle means it leaks a little under the pressure.

Does anyone have a trick to refilling this thing ?

I never lost a drop of juice on the bottle that comes with the mod. That system is why I love it so much. Never fill any bottle over 80% or so. I also apply pressure on the bottle when screwing the cap on (so that, from a bit empty, it looks like it's full as I apply pressure) and slowly release the pressure from my fingers as I screw the top and see the juice coming up the tube. To place the bottle in the holder I just put a finger on the top and as my bottle is not completely full that is enough. I think you may be overfilling as I never had a single issue. Hope this helps.

Thanks @ZendeR that works a treat, got it down pat now and not losing a drop. Cheers
Great! Glad it worked. :2thumbsup: It's a cracking mod isn't it? Not exactly pocket friendly but it's simple and it works and battery efficiency is up there with the best. I use it every day.

Great! Glad it worked. :2thumbsup: It's a cracking mod isn't it? Not exactly pocket friendly but it's simple and it works and battery efficiency is up there with the best. I use it every day.

Yep I love it, simple, solid - bit like me ;)

Given the absence of DNA250C squonkers out there, I'm going to plump for this as my next buy - I take it from your quote that it comes fully recommended? No niggles at all?

Given the absence of DNA250C squonkers out there, I'm going to plump for this as my next buy - I take it from your quote that it comes fully recommended? No niggles at all?
Why are you looking for a dna squonker? Just asking because the basium is pure wattage or voltage only. I think the bottle system justifies the buy on its own. It's such a simple idea but it works a treat. And you get two bottles and two carriers. The mod is really solid and sturdy. No rattly panels or buttons, but the battery panel is plastic so although I have zero issues now I don't know how it will stand the test of time. The board is really quick No hello panels, just straight to work. Fires quick and battery efficiency is on par with my minikin v2 (best I have). Now, it's not an everyday take me to tesco mod because if you put it your pocket you'll get a lot of unwanted advances :D but I use it every night at home and it comes out on the car everyday... With one of my goons it's been the only dtl setup I used since I got it. I love the blue but the green looks the tits too. Really good colour job. Way better than the minikin! I don't see it fading or chipping. The top of the mod feels like metal too so should endure some beating without looking too cheap - no rash so far but only one atty lived on it yet... How's that for an endorsement? :)

I want a DNA squonker as I’ve decided Evolv’s replay function is something every device on my desk should have.

But, failing that, I’ll grab something robust to fill in the space until I get DNA squonkers built. I do like the Rage, but the bottle retention is poor when the o-ring has juice on it. Considering the Basium would stay on the desk, chunkiness isn’t an issue so much.

But thanks for that :)

@Mawsley I've basically only used the Basium since I got it on release - it's been everywhere with me, been dropped and is showing some paint dents because of that but no further flaking or ow't lad. I'm a hopeless over squonker and that allied to using bottom airflow atties at high power, that then leave big puddles of condensate on the top plate, which has turned the tiny wee black screws silver - who cares, it's certainly not falling apart.

The squonk refill system is genius! The bottle itself is great to squonk with but is an absolute cunt to refill (see OP) and only holds 6.2ml liquid - other bottles do fit though.

Aside from those small niggles, and most of them are my doing, I can't fault it, it's equally at home tootlepuffing at lower wattages as it is chucking clouds at 8v, it's a flexible wee box for something non TC. To that end, I just rotate atties as the mood takes me, spare bottle cassette doofer helps that out no end.

VIP10 for 10% off I believe? https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/basium-squonk-mod-by-dovpo.html

Why get another squonker when you can get an RTA and have a proper vape? :D Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom