What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Drone BF DNA166 Lost Vape .soon......

With this been my first squonker I wondered how long the bottles on the Drone will last. Should I be ordering a few spares or will I be fine for a few months ?
Should be fine for now mate,but the spares are only £1.50 each,vaping 101 and vape geek are selling em,if ur interested

Should be fine for now mate,but the spares are only £1.50 each,vaping 101 and vape geek are selling em,if ur interested
I saw them at vape 101 (that's where I got my drone from) and wasn't sure if they were cheap because they wear out quick. I'll probably tag a few on to my next order at that price. Cheers

I saw them at vape 101 (that's where I got my drone from) and wasn't sure if they were cheap because they wear out quick. I'll probably tag a few on to my next order at that price. Cheers
No problem buddy

The bottles seem pretty solid compared to other Squonk bottles,it's just nice to have spares so you can carry em around then switch em out on the go

I have the Lost vape Drone and when I screw down some attys like the hadaly or the Ijoy exo rta the mod instantly fires (probably shorts) and the coil legs catch fire and melt. I have to take out the batteries to stop it. It seems that the positive from the 510 connector is too soft and travels too far down causing a short. This doesn't happen when I screw my velocity rda which seems to have a bit shorter 510. I don't have this problem with my hcigar inbox squonker. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I have the Lost vape Drone and when I screw down some attys like the hadaly or the Ijoy exo rta the mod instantly fires (probably shorts) and the coil legs catch fire and melt. I have to take out the batteries to stop it. It seems that the positive from the 510 connector is too soft and travels too far down causing a short. This doesn't happen when I screw my velocity rda which seems to have a bit shorter 510. I don't have this problem with my hcigar inbox squonker. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Sounds odd. Do you check your build on an ohms tester first?

Sounds odd. Do you check your build on an ohms tester first?
Yes I was using both attys on other devices and had no problems. I screwed the hadaly half way and worked, it fired normally. Once i screwed it all the way it started firing probably shorting, and I didn't torque it. My question is, and I am curious, shouldn't the Dna chip prevent this from happening? Say that the center 510 pin has a problem shouldn't it show on screen atomizer short message and prevent it from happening?

Probably not much help but I have used the hadaly, o atty and narda clone for squonk. Also used the genuine goon and obs engine as normal attys and I've never had a problem with any of them screwed all the way.

I did some research online and found that when a dna 250 board autofires it is because of poor soldering either on the power out or ground of the board towards the atomizer. Probably bad solderind on the positive of the 510 because it moves up and down when you screw the atomizer. Bad luck for me I guess

This is exactly the reason I cancelled my Drone pre order. Seems Lost Vape rushed these out badly, did some minor fixes, found more problems, did some more fixes, but still haven't got them right.

I did some research online and found that when a dna 250 board autofires it is because of poor soldering either on the power out or ground of the board towards the atomizer. Probably bad solderind on the positive of the 510 because it moves up and down when you screw the atomizer. Bad luck for me I guess

unusually for a squonk mod, the 510 is spring loaded (a good thing)
your issue still sounds odd, guess you were unlucky and got one that's sub par, get it exchanged

Back
Top Bottom