What's new

Crude but efficient

RAPTOREX

Achiever
I decided to have a go making a squonk refill bottle.
Now it's ugly, I'll agree. But it works very well. The only thing I ain't got. is a cap for the 510 to seal the bottle.
20190511_133601.jpg

Just a 50ml unicorn bottle. The thread from a Ego ecig charger, a bit of tubing and a couple of drops of epoxy glue.

Refill bottles don't have a tube as when you turn it upside down on the mod it wont go down the tube. Unless you refill with the mod upside down.;)

We should meet up. I'm a dick as well:2thumbsup::D
Ahh. But I'm a dick with clean hands after i fill my squonk back up.:beerchug
Refill bottles don't have a tube as when you turn it upside down on the mod it wont go down the tube. Unless you refill with the mod upside down.;)
The tube avoids air locking. And yes, you fill the squonk upside down.
Screw the bottle in. Turn the mod upside down. Squeeze the air out of your mod squonk bottle. Then you apply pressure to the refill bottle, which moves juice up to the mod. Squeeze the air our of the mod squonk again, this time the mod squonk will fill itself with no pressure needed on the refill bottle.

Ahh. But I'm a dick with clean hands after i fill my squonk back up.:beerchug

The tube avoids air locking. And yes, you fill the squonk upside down.
Screw the bottle in. Turn the mod upside down. Squeeze the air out of your mod squonk bottle. Then you apply pressure to the refill bottle, which moves juice up to the mod. Squeeze the air our of the mod squonk again, this time the mod squonk will fill itself with no pressure needed on the refill bottle.
Fuck me Is that an offer

Just as easy with a £2 refill bottle but mod being right way up it just sucks the juice down. Also PET bottles aren't the softest to squeeze. Would have left the tube out & filled mod upright. Can't fault the ingenuity though.

Just as easy with a £2 refill bottle but mod being right way up it just sucks the juice down. Also PET bottles aren't the softest to squeeze. Would have left the tube out & filled mod upright. Can't fault the ingenuity though.
Can you fill your bottle in one go?
I found i was unable to so needed a second go. When you try to expell the air for the top up you can't, because the tube is at the bottom of the squonk bottle and it forces juice back not air.
This is more a proof of concept.
Now I know it works well. The next step is to source a silicone bottle, cap and make a more presentable, final, version.
Though the lack of flexibuility isn't so much of a problem as the squonk bottle does most of the work, anyway.

Last edited:
Ffs.......in the name of the wee man......just when I thought I'd seen it all:)

Back
Top Bottom